• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Dollywood: General Discussion

Construction is now pressing ahead:

thumb_image_13252.jpg

thumb_image_13250.jpg

thumb_image_13248.jpg

Source: TPR

:)

Some official photos posted by RMC:

12139917_915220708515050_645526426479369951_o.jpg

12132547_915220711848383_4147335259399536267_o.jpg

12132391_915220721848382_3502808083526590290_o.jpg

12091418_915220761848378_7639324493978827607_o.jpg

12068564_915220755181712_4551053208286883043_o.jpg

This is going to be great!

Is just me or does the angle of that photo make the track gauge look really narrow? :p

We have a drop!

thumb_image_351.jpeg

Photo is from somewhere on Instagram.

It's only a drop but it does look pretty amazing!

Wow, absolutely stunning. If Alton Towers does build a RMC coaster in 2017 I hope it does something similar dropping down into the Valley.

Ahhh Dolly, you're never one to disapoint!

308520c7d903dcf097750602fb464f19.jpg

Photo courtesy of BPARCS on Facebook.

It really is looking rather stunning, currently a bit of a toss up for me between this and Wildfire for which has the best landscape.

Seems like it could have done a lot more with that height and speed before it hits the brakes.

To me saying it has a launch is a bit of a joke. A lift hill would have done exactly the same but it had to have a WORLD'S FIRST. The ride looks very short with the only impressive part bring the main drop. I am really disappointed with Dollywood. Only hope SW8 is a real launch coaster not just quick lift hill.

I mean, I know we all have opinions and they're all valid but did you watch the same video we did? I'm not a massive fan of RMCs generally and even I found this to be impressive and not for the launch!

45mph is a little more than a fast lift hill though really? I would certainly class it as a launch, for example, we all class 'The Hulks' old lift as a launch this is no different, it's certainly not any slower.

Personally I am not disappointed by it at all. Dollywood have said from their original announcement that this is not an all out thrill ride. It is designed as a high end family thrill experience and that's exactly what the POV shows. There is no denying that it will be packed with airtime and that first over-bank looks huge in the video and promo images. Plus, that quadruple-down on the side of the mountain is nothing short of epic!

45mph is a little more than a fast lift hill though really? I would certainly class it as a launch, for example, we all class 'The Hulks' old lift as a launch this is no different, it's certainly not any slower.

Personally I am not disappointed by it at all. Dollywood have said from their original announcement that this is not an all out thrill ride. It is designed as a high end family thrill experience and that's exactly what the POV shows. There is no denying that it will be packed with airtime and that first over-bank looks huge in the video and promo images. Plus, that quadruple-down on the side of the mountain is nothing short of epic!

The ride seemed to be over very quickly in the POV. The thing about the launch is that it is advertised as the main thing unlike Hulk which is about overall experience. I was really looking forward to this coaster at the original announcement, but now it does not seem as amazing

This is literally the same ride they released a layout of months ago, along with chopped up POV footage. Never understand why there's always this reaction of "oh it's short" now like we didn't know exactly how long it'll be ages ago.

EDIT: Don't mean to sound rude saying that, if that's how it comes across. Just something I see a lot and I've never understood.

I think it looks great. Has a lot of speed and height left at the end that they maybe could have done stuff with but it doesn't outstay its welcome and that dive down into the breaks looks rather thrilling.

Last edited:
This is literally the same ride they released a layout of months ago, along with chopped up POV footage. Never understand why there's always this reaction of "oh it's short" now like we didn't know exactly how long it'll be ages ago.

I think it looks great. Has a lot of speed and height left at the end that they maybe could have done stuff with but it doesn't outstay its welcome and that dive down into the breaks looks rather thrilling.
I understand it is the same ride but from the images and statistics, I presumed the ride would be longer. This ride I was really looking forward to but now not as much but I am still happy to see Dollywood developing.