• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor 2013 Topic

A

Anonymous

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And with this brings us a new topic.. 2013 of course!

With no real insight or sign that the park are installing a new ride for this year apart from the roumer of a flat ride to which hasn't been confirmed that park haven't really spoken about 2013 whilst other parks around the UK are well underway set for 2013.

Today Drayton Manor posted on Facebook:
After Magical Christmas, Knight Before Christmas will be empty. We'd love to hear your ideas for what you'd like it to become?

Is this a sign that the park are ill prepared? That they have in fact spent a large amount of money on a Christmas event to which they hadn't thought about what happens to it after Christmas is over as this attraction was specifically designed for Christmas income?

What are your views?

I think the idea of a ride for Christmas was really beneficial short term, but for the rest of the season it'll look awful. There have been rumours on this and other forums of a new flat ride on the site of the old Black Revolver, but as is the way with rumours nothing has come to life.

Personally I'd like to see some zoning of areas and a Cartoon Network street completed. Oh and a new rollercoaster, something not stupid comic type, but a proper decent long coaster. Euro fighter at least!

I imagine Drayton will avoid any big investment this year as they have Alton Towers building a big coaster up-the-road.

Drayton have a strong family brand at the mo though that probably beats Towers family brand perception so they will likely just try and work on that angle in 2013

Re: Drayton Manor 2013 Topic

It's shocking what DMP charge adults versus their installations over the past 8 years.

:(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Drayton Manor confirm new ride/attraction for Thomas Land for 2013 season. More information to follow source: Facebook.

Christ. They have thrill seekers too, did they forget?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'd rather they forget them, overwhelming majority of the thrill rides are awful anyway and obviously don't bring in the custom they wish for!

Hopefully it won't be as completely underwhelming as the last addition to Thomas Land.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

thefatone said:
I'd rather they forget them, overwhelming majority of the thrill rides are awful anyway and obviously don't bring in the custom they wish for!

Obviously not, but they haven't actually tried installing one for years. They certainly seem keen to charge adults a handsome fee to access their "thrill rides", so it would be nice for them to install one sometime.

I wonder if any work has been done on Pirates Adventure? If you remember back to the old forums I mentioned that park wanted to transform Pirate Adventure into a Thomas style boat ride.

Whilst the ride has been closed potentially could we see this as the new Thomas attraction? Doubtful but still a possibility!

But it is getting ridiculous now with no Thrill ride since.. well.. G Force i'd say? 2005! Ridiculous.

Eventually the park want to get rid of the zoo altogether, but how many more years is anyone's guess. I bet they will slowly start removing the zoo with Thomas land as you say and maby keep a farm yard style with a few animals there.

If you look on Google Maps the Zoo takes up an awful lot of space, I understand that people want to have a walk round after lunch or whatever but if they potentially keep a bird sanctuary, reptile house and build a aquarium surly that would cater for people who want to relax too?

I dont know if removing the zoo would be a good idea to be honest. It is somethign that their biggest rival (Alton) doesn't have. With the zoo they can push the whole '2 days out in 1' thing, and also a zoo will always bring a lot more guests into a park.

As I said a few years back now I went on a customer service talk to the park and they highlighted there plans for the future at the park which were:

- Water Park
- Lodges of some kind
- Haunting Re-theme
- Completion of Cartoon Network Street
- More reconcilable brands
- Removal of the Zoo
- Replacement of Pirates Adventure

Obviously these are over a LONG period of time and not just over night but this is something the park want to/are considering.

Plans do change though, and you said it a was a few years ago, so anything could have happened to that list by now.

Earthwürm said:
It's some kind of monorail going in Thomas Land...exciting

How do you know its going to be a Monorail?

Drayton Manor 2013 Topic

Came up in conversation with a long time employee and friend. However the conversation wasn't really about rides so I don't know anything other than some kind of monorail. I could ask more if anyone were interested.

If it is a new tracked ride going around Thomas Land, that could be quite an exciting edition. A monorail you say? Maybe something like Volo da Vinci at Europa-Park:

46151d1309266017-europapark-2011-neuheiten-volo-da-vinci-2.jpg

But with Harold the helicopter instead? Though I think they already have a Harold ride...