• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

I wonder if Terence’s driving school was part of that plan.
Drayton maybe has spent the most money when you think:
Terence moved back to Thomas land
Before
IMG_3313.jpeg
Now

IMG_3549.jpeg
Then the new 4D movie and the re-theme of the building and queue line

IMG_3738.jpeg
Then you got the Western street, Sheriff showdown re-painted and drunken barrels re-theme with the toilets.
Then Shockwave re-theme with the whole indoor queue been re-painted with a new train and theming.
And then you got the new coaster with work starting on the pirate adventure building.
How much do u think roughly this has cost the looping group?

£23m

Considering that #NewCoaster Gold Rush has get to be completed, or even open, how can it be nominated for Best New Attraction?

I'm also rather confused at how Most Missed Attraction From the Past has two separate attractions listed, along with Beat Reimagined Attraction.
These kind of awards are just a load of nonsense really, I feel that they way they hand out nominations is like a nursery school teacher handing out stars so that everyone gets one and feels good about themselves.

Sounds like when Dave Gorman covered the "product of the year awards". Turns out, you buy your own nomination, and they create a catagory specific enough to make sure you are the only entry. Then you can slap their logo on your adverts and claim you've "won".

Well they up against some tough competition
  • Apocalypse (Drayton Manor)
  • Black Hole (Alton Towers)
  • Bubbleworks (Chessington World of Adventures)
  • Corkscrew (Alton Towers)
  • Loggers Leap (Thorpe Park)
  • Pirate Adventure (Drayton Manor)
  • Rameses Revenge (Chessington World of Adventures)
  • Ripsaw (Alton Towers)
  • The Ultimate (Lightwater Valley Family Adventure Park)
  • Thunder Looper (Alton Towers)
Would love to know who picks the attractions for each list as I could have picked some better 1’s for both Chessington and Alton Towers.

The best new event for Vikings for me that was the worst 1 of the events last year with the supposed closing times reduced to 5pm and just a fire breathing show that was shown a couple of times a day in the Vikings area.

I'm also rather confused at how Most Missed Attraction From the Past has two separate attractions listed, along with Beat Reimagined Attraction.
More than one thing gets nominated but only won can win as most missed.

Funny winning most missed attraction re Apocalypse and Pirate Adventure it's basically telling the park they made a mistake removing them.
They haven’t won, just been nominated.

Apocalypse.
Probably the best staff training/awayday/icebreaker event ever, in all time.
I won the "no handed" bet for floorless standing first time on, with much amusement.
The faces of the other staff as we dropped was priceless.
Those were the days.

Teenage me would love and Lap Apocalyose.
Adult me … tended to avoid 😂 it will be missed uk wise though. We have 0 really incredible drop towers now.
Funny how the most forceful and probably best is now at WMSP 😂

As an aside. Someone staying in the hotel said the coaster is now testing through the night

Last edited:
Teenage me would love and Lap Apocalyose.
Adult me … tended to avoid 😂 it will be missed uk wise though. We have 0 really incredible drop towers now.
Funny how the most forceful and probably best is now at WMSP 😂

As an aside. Someone staying in the hotel said the coaster is now testing through the night

We have 1 great drop tower that only shows up for a month or so of the year (Hangover The Tower)

It's a shame really.

Well they up against some tough competition
  • Apocalypse (Drayton Manor)
  • Black Hole (Alton Towers)
  • Bubbleworks (Chessington World of Adventures)
  • Corkscrew (Alton Towers)
  • Loggers Leap (Thorpe Park)
  • Pirate Adventure (Drayton Manor)
  • Rameses Revenge (Chessington World of Adventures)
  • Ripsaw (Alton Towers)
  • The Ultimate (Lightwater Valley Family Adventure Park)
  • Thunder Looper (Alton Towers)
Would love to know who picks the attractions for each list as I could have picked some better 1’s for both Chessington and Alton Towers.

The best new event for Vikings for me that was the worst 1 of the events last year with the supposed closing times reduced to 5pm and just a fire breathing show that was shown a couple of times a day in the Vikings area.
The Flume duck is quacking angrily in it's watery grave...