• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

My money is on a family launch, It'd make sense with the Parks new target audience.
God, I hate those trains! But yep, suspect you’re right. Long and thin layout - works in the space and I think launch coasters get way more “wow” from people than anything else. I still can’t believe anyone in their right mind like Rita, but it always seems insanely popular. As does stealth. But that’s a different topic / thread.

My money is on a family launch, It'd make sense with the Parks new target audience.
I agree with you. There are a lot of different things that Drayton could do with that model.

Just because a Zamperla branded box is located within that area doesn’t mean the 2024 coaster will be from Zamperla… it could have been used to ship a part from one of the parks many Zamperla rides. I don’t expect to be seeing anything for the new ride yet, the area is nowhere near ready for any ride parts to be installed.

I'm sceptical that this has anything to do with the new coaster, it's just tape on a steel frame. The park has installed quite a few Zamperla rides lately, and are in the process of installing one now for this year so this could well be from that, and this frame looks like it is just being used to store/transport fencing on and around the site.

The site isn't anywhere near being ready to actually install any ride hardware so there is no way we would be seeing any empty containers for any on the site yet.

Last edited:
Seeing as the delivery zone for the park is right next to the area, it is not out the realms of possibility that this has been delivered to the park by courier for one of the parks many Zamperla rides. This is more than likely what the part is for.

The park do watch social's very closely though, they also seem to be on top of their game when it comes to socials too. So it is not out the realms of possibility that said part for an existing attraction, was placed in the construction zone on purpose to hint at the manufacturer. They know it will do exactly what it is doing now, drum up communication in the enthusiast circles, free but small PR for the park. I mean, the hint of the manufacturer for Thorpe's new coaster was confirmed via branded celotape, on their socials. They could be doing exactly the same here, just using parts that are not for the attraction, but carry the name of the manufacturer.

I mean, they have placed said frame in quite a 'prominent' position on the construction site, almost as if they wanted it to be seen, there is a very big storage area close by, behind Sherriff's, they have consciously chose not to store it there, all seems a bit suspicious to me.

The cost of this does seem supported in the hardware cost as seen in the recent financial reports, as Zamperlas are quite cheap in the grand scheme of things, especially when looking just at the hardware and un erected cost. Both would not be miles apart in that respect, obviously, it is difficult for an exact total as we do not know if this coaster is custom and to what extent it is.

Connections to dots can be drawn by this, are they the correct though? Who knows.

It’s also just as likley that considering they are clearing the site and lots of skips coming and going on that site that it’s been moved there to be skipped. And as has been mentioned the park have a lot of zamperla rides so could have been parts or the delivery frame left from the Viking’s project or even the new log flume.

It’s far too early for deliveries for the new ride yet and I doubt the park have placed it there on purpose. While the coaster could turn out to be a zamperla, we will have to wait to find out (hints/rumours I have heard have not pointed towards a zamperla coaster though)

The white structure looks like it was used to move metal fencing into the area. Id be surprised if it was a Zamperla coaster and I'm not convinced it will be especially with how much they have being taking it up to be one of the best coasters in the country.

There is still alot of ground clearance to be done removing hard standing etc but I think we could see foundation work by June. Once this starts it will be harder for the park to hide the manufacturer/ ride type.

In terms of the “one of the best coasters in the UK” claim; that could well just be posturing for the marketing campaign. Remember how Alton Towers said that Thirteen was “the ultimate rollercoaster” and “every roller coaster you’ve ever dreamed of rolled into one”? Drayton Manor could be doing something similar here, albeit perhaps not to the same extreme.

On the other hand, Zamperla are attempting a massive overhaul of their roller coaster offering at the moment. With new innovations like their Lightning train, they’re trying to do what Vekoma did in the 2010s and revolutionise their thrill coaster offering. With this in mind, it’s not so ludicrous to think that Zamperla could build one of the country’s most revered coasters.

And that’s before we even consider that that photo is far from being concrete confirmation that the ride is going to be a Zamperla… that doesn’t look much like a rollercoaster component to me.

Anything is possible at this stage!

In terms of the “one of the best coasters in the UK” claim; that could well just be posturing for the marketing campaign. Remember how Alton Towers said that Thirteen was “the ultimate rollercoaster” and “every roller coaster you’ve ever dreamed of rolled into one”? Drayton Manor could be doing something similar here, albeit perhaps not to the same extreme.

On the other hand, Zamperla are attempting a massive overhaul of their roller coaster offering at the moment. With new innovations like their Lightning train, they’re trying to do what Vekoma did in the 2010s and revolutionise their thrill coaster offering. With this in mind, it’s not so ludicrous to think that Zamperla could build one of the country’s most revered coasters.

And that’s before we even consider that that photo is far from being concrete confirmation that the ride is going to be a Zamperla… that doesn’t look much like a rollercoaster component to me.

Anything is possible at this stage!
Given we don't have a vast amount of decent coasters in the UK, being one of the best shouldn't be hard.

I am trying to pre book annual pass tickets.

On the website it only gives you the option to pre book platinum, gold or silver passes. So I guess anyone with the older pass does not need to book? As their booking engine does not accept our pass numbers on any of those 3 tiers.

I am trying to pre book annual pass tickets.

On the website it only gives you the option to pre book platinum, gold or silver passes. So I guess anyone with the older pass does not need to book? As their booking engine does not accept our pass numbers on any of those 3 tiers.
You need to do it as Gold