• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Drayton Manor Park

Going back to the 5 year plan we had this for 2023 and 2024.

Screenshot_20231108_170617_Samsung Notes.jpg

Did we get the replacement vehicle on an existing ride for 2023. It is confusing as to if this was supposed to be Shockwave or not, because such a similar thing is mentioned for 2024. What is clear is that another attraction is potentially due an upgrade but was shelved.

This also highlights that another ride along side Shockwave and the coaster is due next year. The thing that gives this some potential weight, is apart from the replacement vehicles for this year, the plan has gone go plan sonto speak, and been followed pretty closely.

They also announce a round platform ride and a ride relocation for 2025.

Potentially we could be seeing 3 new additions next year, if you include Shockwave.

Going back to the 5 year plan we had this for 2023 and 2024.

Screenshot_20231108_170617_Samsung Notes.jpg

Did we get the replacement vehicle on an existing ride for 2023. It is confusing as to if this was supposed to be Shockwave or not, because such a similar thing is mentioned for 2024. What is clear is that another attraction is potentially due an upgrade but was shelved.

This also highlights that another ride along side Shockwave and the coaster is due next year. The thing that gives this some potential weight, is apart from the replacement vehicles for this year, the plan has gone go plan sonto speak, and been followed pretty closely.

They also announce a round platform ride and a ride relocation for 2025.

Potentially we could be seeing 3 new additions next year, if you include Shockwave.
4, surely, if you consider the replacement of the 4D Cinema turning into the Drayton Theatre, or whatever its next iteration will be?

I do think the replacement vehicles could be for Terence’s driving school as that not been in use since the March of the dinosaurs event and back in June all the signage was removed
28AE6550-7CBE-48AE-A839-3412D9989B0F.jpegFD5B26B8-D58A-4811-95C4-82F400A06C09.jpeg31A57F73-C138-4E2E-B1D2-7C48015C65E5.jpeg
The area hasn’t been open to the public since the beginning of July F849AA93-1CD2-4928-A45A-1DA3802F7EA0.jpeg
It’s still listed on the website but closed for the 2023 season
DE575392-F61D-4488-99B3-BC05E0AE89EA.png
So could be getting moved and new vehicles for the 2024 season.

Can they redevelop the zoo by sending the animals to WMSP? Several of the enclosures are rather sad.
We commented on how sad the zoo was during our visit 😢 If it's an asset they intend to keep, they would benefit from relocating some of their bigger animals and working to improve the quality & size of enclosures for the remaining animals. It felt very forgotten! Hopefully the animals are very loved and cared for and it's just a case of under investment.

Did Buffalo coaster get a new shell for its Viking incarnation? Although not truly a new vehicle if the chassis wasn’t changed, that could be what the plan was referring to?

Did Buffalo coaster get a new shell for its Viking incarnation? Although not truly a new vehicle if the chassis wasn’t changed, that could be what the plan was referring to?
It did, but I'm not sure if it was there for the previous '22 season (the opening of Vikings).

Thomas and Percy's Submarine Splash was new for '23. I wanted to have a paddle in it, my partner wouldn't let me.
Don't worry as a grown adult I also wanted to try it, fortunately I was just there with my little brother so there was no adults to talk me out of it.

My boat was scraping the bottom the whole way round and I did have to pull myself forward on the side of the trough a couple times when I got stuck, creds a cred.

Costs like the theme park maybe closed but the animals still need food and warmth and zoo staff are there 24/7.
Drayton have confirmed in recent videos and interviews that they're committed to the Zoo. Additionally they get grants and additional supportive funding for the zoo. It's essentially self sufficient, without the park element, a free attraction for them.

Costs like the theme park maybe closed but the animals still need food and warmth and zoo staff are there 24/7.

....and the theme park still needs it's yearly maintenance, new parts and overhauls. The themepark costs do not go away just because it is closed.

A zoo licence is literally a few thousand quid. Penny's in the grand scheme of things. I doubt they will base their decision to remove the zoo based on what is a relatively cheap licence expiring.

....and the theme park still needs it's yearly maintenance, new parts and overhauls. The themepark costs do not go away just because it is closed.

A zoo licence is literally a few thousand quid. Penny's in the grand scheme of things. I doubt they will base their decision to remove the zoo based on what is a relatively cheap licence expiring.
I wasn’t saying that I know in the 3 weeks they closed they give maintenance checks on all the rides that open during the Christmas event.
I was just saying running a zoo is an expense game and if let’s say only 5% of daily visitors go to the zoo the looping group could decide it’s not in their long term plans. As since 2020 they only finished the Aviaries the former owners started to build and very basic maintenance compared to the theme park side.

If they ever wanted to expand the part moving the zoo out is the obvious choice. It would take a large investment in both parks so I can't see that happening for a long time but it does have some logic to it.

Personally I'd prefer them to close the zoo entirely at some point and improve the theme park offering. Those animals would be better off at a safari park anyway.