• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Efteling: General Discussion

More importantly, since when has Carnaval Festival had virtual queue (assuming my guessed translation of the screen on the 2nd photo is correct?)

Aye, their doing Joris for two reasons. First is to reduce the amount of ongoing maintenance required and second is to reduce noise levels. I'm looking forward to seeing how differently it rides.

Joris is being done in three phases I believe, so anyone riding it in the next couple of years will get a direct comparison between the traditional GCI wooden track and their new Titan track.

Having ridden both halves of Joris and Draak for the first time this summer, I have to say this retrack can’t come soon enough.

It was so uncomfortably rough getting round, riding it was actually a chore.

Wickerman is so much smoother in comparison. It really is night and day.

That's interesting. We ended up riding Joris in its final hours before closing for this work and thought it was fine! 🤣

That's interesting. We ended up riding Joris in its final hours before closing for this work and thought it was fine! 🤣

It was August 22/23 when we went and it was very very hot so maybe that had something to do with it?

When I rode it in the summer I found it to be quite rough and no where near as good as it was a few years back on my last visit. Maybe because they knew it was getting this new track they haven’t done as much track replacement as they might have usually done.

Rode Joris a few years ago and didn't think it was rough. It had the typical GCI jolts here and there but it was very re-rideable.

Will be interesting to see how it rides post retrack. Would assume it will run a fair bit faster.

Looopings have released some original concept arts for the long planned circus coaster; these are at least 5 years old and now outdated as the project has developed over time but give a taste of the theme and ambition for their expansion.

The expansion of the park including this new area and coaster was first officially mentioned in 2018. The situation with Bob, it's removal and replacement then took priority for 2020 pushing "Grand Circus Balancé" to 2021.
Efteling were confident the State Council would approve the expansion zoning plans however were surprised when it was rejected due noise and traffic complaints. A planned press release with concepts announcing the new coaster was cancelled when the news broke.

Eventually 2021 the expansion was finally approved - but the ride was not announced. Efteling stated the impact of corona meant the money wasn't there for such a major investment. Safer investments within the park like Danse Macabre and Grand Efteling Hotel for 2024 would take priority.

What the future holds for Grand Circus Balancé is unknown. Whether it will still come one day in some form; be it similar to this or dramatically changed remains to be seen.

0107ditisclownerijschat1.jpg

The new area centrepiece would be a 35m tall circus tent. The rollercoaster would invoke a historic/nostalgic time with white supports faking an old wooden coaster.

0107ditisclownerijschat6.jpg

Believed to be from Intamin; this family launch coaster would have a long layout and a trick track element called a Teeter Totter - tilting the train and rotating it (simulating a balancing act in the circus) before releasing into a short backwards section.
Top speed of 65km/h, 5 trains and a theoretical capacity of 1,800 guests per hour.

0107ditisclownerijschat12.jpg

0107ditisclownerijschat4.jpg

0107ditisclownerijschat3.jpg

0109foralockdown1.jpg

The circus tent would also have stands for non-riders to view the "balancing act" of the show and a gastro offering.

The area could've featured some flat rides too. The entrance would have been through/under the coaster's outdoor lift hill.

www.looopings.nl

Would the locals have responded positively to the massive circus tent?

Think maybe if the locality had seen those concepts images might have been why it struggled to go through.