• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Energylandia (Poland): New Coasters

The photoshops just keep getting worse. They haven't even managed to get the two seperate trains lined up to look like a single 4- across one!

The photoshops just keep getting worse. They haven't even managed to get the two seperate trains lined up to look like a single 4- across one!

Again I say, Vekoma must have a marketing department that touts these images out to parks looking to do promo stuff for a low fee. Otherwise it begs the question, why do parks spend so much time photoshopping (in Merlin's case) images with ancient track design, or in this case the questionable merging together of two separate pictures? Why oh why not just find a picture of an Intamin hyper train? :p

To be fair, that old Vekoma track design is pretty sexy. It must also be very recognisable in the public eye for so many parks to continue to use it.

And whilst this image in particular is pretty bad, nothing will ever top Port Aventura using an image of Colossus on their Furious Baco merch XD

Despite the snowy weather, construction work on Hyperion is progressing well:

QEGZF4H.jpg

Gdy43RV.jpg

Source

I still do not like the colour scheme they have gone for, or lack of one really.

:)

Hyperion's first airtime hill is finished:

tccuuzaffbq01.png

But more importantly from today the park has announced two roller coasters for 2020. The world's tallest wooden coaster from RMC, and a Vekoma double launch coaster with 5 inversions!

k9ylgpc.jpg

dwdeNkl.jpg

lptwrpo.jpg

6VsDNMf.jpg

dvSkkQX.jpg

gAvqsXj.jpg

2UWyJ1j.jpg

Very exciting news! Energylandia is quickly becoming one of the best parks in the world for roller coasters. I do hope this aggressive investment is a success for them.

The RMC looks like a bigger version of Goliath at SFGrAm. Strangely enough I am actually more excited to see how the Vekoma turns out!

:)

I am interested to see how this park pans out in the long term. I don't fully understand their desire to build at such pace. Is that just because of the funding or is it the only way to get people in?

Their only real local competition is Legendia. Historically, the 'build it and they will come' at huge scale thing hasn't worked out too well in this industry, but good luck to them.

Now *that's* an airtime hill.

The one thing Europe lacks (in comparison to the US) is a decent number of airtime based coasters, but the future looks very promising.