• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

February Half Term 2013 line-up announced

Perhaps it's just me, but the lack of Sub Terra from the line up really disappoints me! I'd of thought that they'd had wanted to have opened it to show those who rode it in it's first incarnation who may return for the next season that it'd improved!

As daft as this sounds, Charlie isn't on that list because although it's water... it still might freeze?

It's interesting to see Sonic Spinball on there, perhaps Alton's contract with SEGA ends next year not this year's? Hopefully good news for me though! :D

An odd line up though, no Blivvy but that's understandable. They should open TH13TEEN or Rita to make up for Oblivion's absent, and Sub Terra as well.

I'd suggest it is as simple as not wanting anyone to get too much info on SW7 - it'll be as good as completed by that point.

Given the higher than usual secrecy (which I am convinced is why we have no track on site still) - it wouldn't surprise me if they put a big blanking temporary wall up.

They seem determined to keep this one closely guarded and build intrigue - it's highly unusual for us to have so little idea of any of the finer details!

I know planning has gone in etc, and can be viewed, but let's be fair few people actually read those.

Of all the rides I have followed, the mystery behind this one is the most impressive of all. I respect that, and even if I did have info (which I don't of course!) I wouldn't leak it.

Around 50 or 60,000 people attended over the nine days in 2011. The park obviously see it as worthwhile.

James said:
It doesn't really point towards anything happening with Oblivion. It's simply due to health and safety.
Seeing as the construction fence appears to be outside the footprint of the spider thing, or that the fence could easily be moved again - do you have any evidence that this is the case? Or is it wild speculation dressed up as fact? It's just that posts on here appear to be lurching from one assertion to another with no backing, and we continue to have no idea about their construction plans or schedule - the long-expected, forever delayed track arrival being a case in point.

I wonder if more will be tempted next year by the SW7 marketing, to try and get a sneak peak? That's not a healthy amount of attractions to cope with a decent visitor figure - 50/60k thousand seems quite a lot, no idea how that translates into park busyness with such limited attractions? Most of you will know that far better than I.

It's the most tempted I've been though my self. Hardly got to any this year.

I guess it will depend on the fuss AT make about SW7, and if they add any surprises in there.

TheMan said:
I wonder if more will be tempted next year by the SW7 marketing, to try and get a sneak peak?
That and pretty much walk on Nemmie are the reasons I'll be going.

Towers, Treats and Trails - now that is a half term event that was completely dead! Still, 27 rides on Oblivion can't be bad.

To be honest I am surprised at Sub Terra not being open. I would have presumed the park would have wanted there indoor attractions to get people in out the cold along with Charlie for that matter been as Cloud Cuckoo Land is near enough open. I am glad however that Ice Age is open!

Rupert said:
James said:
It doesn't really point towards anything happening with Oblivion. It's simply due to health and safety.
Seeing as the construction fence appears to be outside the footprint of the spider thing, or that the fence could easily be moved again - do you have any evidence that this is the case? Or is it wild speculation dressed up as fact? It's just that posts on here appear to be lurching from one assertion to another with no backing, and we continue to have no idea about their construction plans or schedule - the long-expected, forever delayed track arrival being a case in point.

Wild speculation dressed up as fact, I love that phrase and it's certainly prevalent around here at times.

In reality, people are expecting construction before their eyes purely because it's what's done at Thorpe Park.

The line up looks ok to me, I'm just relieved to see the event happening after the thoughts of it being cancelled. It looks to me like Towers may push this more as a family event, not thrill, the Feb half term web page really focuses on the Moshi Monsters who I've never heard of before but I guess are a kids IP.

:)

Rob said:
The line up looks ok to me, I'm just relieved to see the event happening after the thoughts of it being cancelled. It looks to me like Towers may push this more as a family event, not thrill, the Feb half term web page really focuses on the Moshi Monsters who I've never heard of before but I guess are a kids IP.

Is it indeed a kids IP, It's a online game where you get to adopt your own pet monster. I think there's figures as well in case you're wondering, Rob

Who can argue with rides opening at half term? Its better than nothing! X-Sector is closed for a good reason (hopefully) and we may even get a few actors (throw back to '97, anyone?) to "clear the area"! :D

I'd like to see the unlimited hot drinks return for the event, even if they decide to scrap the idea (I hope not :( ) for main season as it's always bloody freezing at the hlaf term event! :p

Sure, great, the park is opening when it doesn't have to. But this line-up really is somewhat weaker even than even previous additions of this event, and I'm not sure (despite living relatively locally) I'll actually bother with visiting during the February Half Term period. Like many others, I would've expected Sub Terra and / or Th13teen to be included as a direct replacement for Oblivion, and I'm also relatively surprised at the inclusion of the Runaway Mine Train despite the issues it had with operating in the cold just last year.

I still hope that the event will prove popular, but considering that anybody who knows what they're doing will be paying just £8 more to visit during the main season, I'd be surprised if the demand is there. Maybe this will appeal to the family market? I can't see thrill seekers or teenagers making the trip based on just Nemesis and Air, even for £15.

---

Also, on a side-note, I see that Ice Age 4D is listed in the ride selection. This disappoints me slightly, as I was half hoping for the film to be replaced for the 2013 season... unless it's replaced with an Ice Age: Continental Drift attraction, fingers crossed!

Again, the only difference I can see is the omission of Oblivion. Everyone's talking as if it's been radically overhauled. If you don't think much to it now, you can't have done before really - unless Oblivion on its own is that significant.

Tom said:
Again, the only difference I can see is the omission of Oblivion. Everyone's talking as if it's been radically overhauled. If you don't think much to it now, you can't have done before really - unless Oblivion on its own is that significant.

When there are so few major attractions open, I would argue that it is that significant. But I guess that's a matter of opinion. :)

Pretty standard half term I will be just glad to get back on park after a few months off

I must admit actually, that I do think Blivvy is significant. Understandable, but still significant.

There's no way that Blivvy could be open for half term next year, and I'm sure they don't want people down in X-Sector anyway regardless of the fact that lots of it will be a construction site. It would have been nice to see Sub-Terra added to the line up but I'm not overly bothered, especially if they do want this to be a very family event. I just like having the chance to be back on park in February, and it makes the closed season feel that little bit shorter!

I'd say nemesis and air as coaster open is great.
Sub terra should be added as its indoors, it adds another ride in the shelter from the elements.
I'm not too bothered about 13 or Rita as replacements for oblivion, sub terra would be a reasonable one in my opinion.