• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

Posted today:
http://www.leek-news.co.uk/Stafford...Alton-Towers/story-28072752-detail/story.html

"...For the first time in recent years, the show will present new live performance featuring six musicians and an eccentric inventor which will combine illuminated dance, acting and striking special effects. Plus an incredible surprise showpiece brings lights, lasers and sound in a new and memorable way..."

"...With the finale music specially composed by the theatrical 56-piece Budapest Symphony Orchestra..."

There's also a competition from last week - closes on Sunday 1st November:
http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Win-tickets-fireworks-Alton-Towers/story-28029036-detail/story.html

Andrew.

After seeing the set-up so far and hearing that information above, I am seriously excited for the performance this year. Seriously trying to set the bar on par with Disney now. I just hope the amount of pyrotechnics and large shells aren't reduced this year with the addition of actors and live performers. :D

"...With the finale music specially composed by the theatrical 56-piece Budapest Symphony Orchestra..."

Hurrah at last! We're finally rid of that god awful ITHOTMK finale which has plagued every show 5 years on the trot since 2010!

Really interested now knowing that the whole thing is going to be much different!

I wish they'd phrase stuff correctly. The finale music may have been performed by Budapest Scoring, but it certainly wasn't composed by them. That honour goes to...goes to...well, a certain German-based theme park scoring organisation.

;)

Hurrah at last! We're finally rid of that god awful ITHOTMK finale which has plagued every show 5 years on the trot since 2010!

Really interested now knowing that the whole thing is going to be much different!
Doesn't say IHOTMK is gone though does it?

It will be interesting to see if the ride gets completed/themed in the next week. For a ride that probably only takes 2-3 hours to be fully built to an operating condition, it's a bit odd it's been delivered and partially built this early on.

Could it be the centre piece of a larger set?

Answering my own post now...

Looking at the Towersstreet Facebook it appears the rigging has begun already. This is going to be the most impressive light rig I have ever witnessed!

12191835_948994035171041_1736418308050491570_n.jpg

So erm yeah, no pyro just lights :)

Reminds me of that UFO set piece they did in 1996. Anyone else remember that?

I'm looking past the Enterprise rig in the photo, and it looks as though there is a similar set-up to last year with flame projectors on tables just in front of where the safety barriers will be (I think I can see four tables in the shot). This time, though, they seem to be accompanied by a lighting gizmo on each table, another one of which conveniently appears at the front of the photo.

Can anyone "shed some light" on what these are?

Andrew.

I'm looking past the Enterprise rig in the photo, and it looks as though there is a similar set-up to last year with flame projectors on tables just in front of where the safety barriers will be (I think I can see four tables in the shot). This time, though, they seem to be accompanied by a lighting gizmo on each table, another one of which conveniently appears at the front of the photo.

Can anyone "shed some light" on what these are?

Andrew.

The lighting "gizmos" appear to be moving head spots/ washes in a waterproof dome. A fairly standard sight at outdoor venues.

Thank you - I hope the flame projectors return this year, as I enjoyed their inclusion although I appreciate that not everyone approved, and there were reports of people getting a brief shower of unburnt kerosene rather than the desired special effect.

Those at the back may have got a broader view, but those of us at the front were grateful for the momentary warm-ups!

I wonder whether the front row will be fully-occupied by 4:30pm this season...

Andrew.

I have doubts about the flames. Last year's effort was a bit, meh. Liquid flame systems are too slow and clunky, the gas powered ones from MTFX are the best.

I'm also thinking, with this "thing" sticking out like a sore thumb in the middle of the stage, there may not be any video for the show. I hope there is.

I hope we see some kind of video, whether it be a projection or screens (although I guess we would have seen screens being installed by now).

The use of video was crap last year. So I'd like to see them bring it back but get it spot on, put it to good use.

I like fire effects although it was overused in last year's show. If fire is back it needs to be toned down so it offers more of a wow factor.

Well, we've got movers mounted in a circle, I expect some real Pink Floyd stuff here! :p Shame there's no pyro on it, seems like a waste.

As for the idea of video, projectors are just too weak for my tastes. LED screens are the only way to get a decent picture, the problem is they are a) huge, and b) nothing but ugly black walls when not in use.

I still say the Enterprise is far too close to the crowd. Though thinking about it, I guess if it was on the far side of the lake, it wouldn't be big enough to create a "wow" factor. They should have put it on a barge in the middle of the lake. What could possibly go wrong there? :p

I've just been told a snippet of interesting information from someone who works on the park about this particular model of the Enterprise...... its not any old Enterprise wheel..... oh no, apparently, its Number 1 - the first one ever made..... Not sure if that is of any significance but interesting nevertheless....

I've just been told a snippet of interesting information from someone who works on the park about this particular model of the Enterprise...... its not any old Enterprise wheel..... oh no, apparently, its Number 1 - the first one ever made..... Not sure if that is of any significance but interesting nevertheless....

If true I suppose the significance of that is that it is more likely to break next Friday night! :p

Whilst talking about the enterprise, I was told, yesterday, that it was also already owned by Merlin and not a rental.

Info was from a geeky staff member, who is normally pretty good on this kind of knowledge.