• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Another kids coaster!? Who on earth is making these decisions, let alone giving them the go ahead. Three new rides is all very well and good but the investment is very questionable. I really do think they'd be better saving their money for a couple of years and getting something that is decent. Another kids coaster is surely just a waste of money.

:)

Purely as a business in the field they are in, it makes sense to me. I didn't say, "enthusiasts choice".

They own a family residential holiday park. Though a couple of the existing rides look dodgy as anything, I can see the sense in what they are doing.

That suspended coaster at Legoland looks dire, though I the Vekoma flier I have always felt look decent, but how much? 2.8m for three rides? The Volare will be attractive to most who aren't enthusiasts, being only the second flier in the UK.

I am not saying, I think it was the best way to invest, what I am saying here is less than 3m for a years filler attractions, including kids, medium, and "thrill" is clever spending for their market - and of course, their regional competition...

This of course, is if they add something very unique and major next year. If they added some crazy B&M or Intamin up there, which it needs, with the addition of their other crazy rides - which are unique over here (all be that for good reason, the public don't really know that though), they really will put the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons.

Whatever way you look at it, the tree new rides are unique and crucially marketable. If AT installed either, it would be hugely criticised, but as FL neither have a flying coaster or spinner, it adds to their portfolio. remember, most people who visit themeparks are oblivious to manufacturers, let alone whether a ride is decent or not. For 2-3 million quid, this is frankly more than most other UK parks have installed in the last couple of years. Lets hope they actually theme the ruddy things though...

I'd prefer three new rides to a new filler attraction such as a pathway, half finished dark ride or nothing at all...

At the least the spinner isn't an actual pointless kiddy coaster, and it isn't one of the horrific Reverchon devices, it's a mixture of both. And the long (ish) train could make it a litte bit more interesting...

slappy mcguire said:
remember, most people who visit themeparks are oblivious to manufacturers, let alone whether a ride is decent or not.
They may be oblivious to whom manufacturers them, however they won't be oblivious to the look, feel and ridability of such attractions.

There is a reason why most people view towers and spinball in a better light than lightwater valley and it's twister coaster.

The trouble with Flamingoland is that their rides aren't very memorable or even good. If they saved up and installed a big ticket ride, that they actually maintained properly, people would come back to ride it.

As it stands at the moment, not one person I've spoken to have any intention of going back soon. Simply because their current line-up is dull and the place not very nice.

Rather than chase the visitors each year with small, sub-standard attractions, if they installed something to encourage repeat custom they COULD be big players.

As someone pointed out a few pages park, they get 1.4m visitors a year as it. So peeps can keep knocking their additions, but they are obviously doing something right. Whether you like it or not.

But that figure includes the caravan park, which is basically where all the money comes from. People stay in those year-round! I would say less than 1m actually visit the park itself.

I wouldn't say that 1 million visitors was to be sniffed at. I wonder what themes we'll be getting? So long as they move away from 'Metropolis' as a theme, what even is it?!

Flamingo land was always a park I enjoyed watching move from being a glorified fairground to a theme park and it was doing really well up until they installed Kumali. My worry is these quick fixes are moving back towards cheap rather than well thought out.

But to me they could install a B&M and it wouldn't matter because at the moment their operations and throughputs are terrible, as well as guest service.

A family suspended would have been GREAT!

They instead decided to install these heaps? Bravo FL *Slow Claps*

thefatone said:
slappy mcguire said:
remember, most people who visit themeparks are oblivious to manufacturers, let alone whether a ride is decent or not.
They may be oblivious to whom manufacturers them, however they won't be oblivious to the look, feel and ridability of such attractions.

There is a reason why most people view towers and spinball in a better light than lightwater valley and it's twister coaster.
Thing is though, most visitors will go by website and leaflet picture and adverts (if they bother to update them...) and all they will see is something that looks a little like air, and a spinning coaster. Whether they return having ridden is an entirely different matter. Both rides look hateful, but I bet it would have much the same initial effect as if they actually installed something decent. To a kid or someone booking a themepark visit for a family more often than not, Nemesis = Kumali, and so on.

It's a masterstroke from a business point-of-view. The addition of three rides is a very marketable hook. The Volare will be photogenic to the general public also. Flamingo Land will have a good season.

The Volare will probably only run on 1 train anyway, as they won't buy new parts from manufacturers and will just cannibalise the other trains.

Until they sort out their poor operations, I don't care about the place.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Tom said:
It's a masterstroke from a business point-of-view. The addition of three rides is a very marketable hook. The Volare will be photogenic to the general public also. Flamingo Land will have a good season.

And if they use that good season, to install a big ticket ride, they will have a very, very competitive package.

Cannot comment on how they run the place mind you.

TheMan said:
Cannot comment on how they run the place mind you.

Come 5pm, and they may as well put up a big sign saying 'NOW GET OFF OUR LAND.'

Flamingoland, where they give you as much as love as they do their rides.