• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Sam said:
Hero is the absolute worst name for a ride ever.

It's obviously an attempt to latch onto the Bonnie Tyler fever that will take over the UK during Eurovision.

Ironically, both the rollercoaster and singer will receive nul points. :D

Adam James said:
Sam said:
Hero is the absolute worst name for a ride ever.

It's obviously an attempt to latch onto the Bonnie Tyler fever that will take over the UK during Eurovision.

Ironically, both the rollercoaster and singer will receive nul points. :D

"Holding out for a Zero"...

Not gonna lie, I like "Hero". It's short and punchy, and suits the Metropolis "theme" (can you really call it that...?) better than anything else dumped in there. I agree that the Dinosaur-ish rides are truly terrible though. :p

"Flying Coaster 1 has got its restraints stuck open"

Seriously though, what a lazy and pathetic attempt at naming rides :/

Drayton is cheaper and has a better drop tower, better frisbee, better kids areas, better family coaster, better looping coaster, etc.

Putting the price up so much when you still have a headline attraction missing is horrendous.

Went to Flamingo land the other day for the first time. After hearing many things about the park I was a bit dubious but I thought I should try it out. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Mumbo Jumbo & Kumali are great rides which suit the park wonderfully, they have loads of development going on and the park has a really fantastic zoo! I also loved Velocity, a great ride that is highly under estimated. All in all the park is pretty well kept except the seaside area which needs a revamp, Although the drop tower (Cliff Hanger) was by far the best launched tower I have ever been on! Some photos are available on Flickr

I personally think that the park is highly underated and want to give it a big thumbs up! Only qualm I have is a massive lack of toilets! :p

Agree with the above massively. I found Velocity better than Rita in my opinion! The only rides I didn't enjoy were the Lost River Ride (because I still wasn't dry at the end of the day) and Flip Flop ( because I nearly passed out) :( I've also got to say how good Cliffhanger was, the airtime was insane!

The Lost River Ride & Velocity are the only attractions that encourage me to regularly visit the park.

Flamingo land had a point when the installed some great rides (though with poor throughputs). It's just the last few years its gone a bit odd and the parks operations are dire.

Mixed bag really

Apparently the recent low cost investments have been down to the amount of money they had to pay to Melanie Wood (Pleasure Island) when they split...

I find that extremely difficult to believe. I think value for money at the minute is being sort after by everyone. Indeed many parks aren't investing at all.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

thefatone said:
What park in the UK hasn't invested in a new product this or last year?

Your correct, most UK parks have invested in the past few years. I do personally think that for the scope and size of Flamingo Land what they are doing is great. They have 9 new attractions this year including Hero in metropolis and 2 new rides in the new Dino Stone area. Along with 3 new animals enclosures and 3 other smaller attractions in the Dino Stone area I personally think that they have made more of an effort in their choices for investment. Although all the rides are off the shelf jobs they are still theming them and thier target audience will love them I am sure.

Here is an image of the new Dino Stone area;