• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Another picture:

BPCyNjICIAEavKN.jpg

I have to admit, it looks remarkably uncomfortable.

That is probably the ugliest ride train I've ever seen. Looks utterly ridiculous on the track, and it's not helped by having what looks like a radiator drying rack attached to the bottom. :p

I didn't either.

I don't even know what way the car is facing.

It's a shame Flamingo Land has so spectacularly fallen. It was all going too well and then all this.

It reminds me of Skytrack at Granada Studios and we all know how that turned out...

This could end up being alright... If it was replaced with a B&M flyer. ;)

Alastair said:
That is probably the ugliest ride train I've ever seen. Looks utterly ridiculous on the track, and it's not helped by having what looks like a radiator drying rack attached to the bottom. :p

As a few of us were there for North yesterday and had a good look at Hero running I agree with you there.

However, Flamingo Land's customers clearly disagree. I honestly overhead one of them say the following:

Looks like you lie down in it like that one at Alton Towers... This one looks a lot nicer than the one at Alton Towers though.

... Speechless :p

Maybe they were on about the fact that it was nice and new, whereas Air's rails collectively have more greenery growing off them than what can be found in all of the Dark Forest? :p

Flamingopics have a photo album of Hero testing here. There's finally a picture of everyone's favourite kind of queue:

DSC8510.jpg

I think that's just about the most themeless ride they've ever built... including the old fairground coasters.

If it's a baking hot day, you won't even be able to lean on it without burning yourself! I know our weathers not the greatest but I wouldn't fancy standing in that on a day like today... :/

DiogoJ42 said:
Still looks nicer than The Smiler's queue.

Couldn't be any worse. At least it looks like you can climb out of it easily if it all becomes too much for you (whether that be because of the queue length, heat getting to you or the sudden realisation that you're queuing for a Zamperla Volare)! :p

I know there's very few of these knocking about, but does the track design come with any variation/room to alter or is it just the off the shelf design that Zamperla do?

The website seems to imply it's an off the shelf design. TBH, if someone wanted a custom designed flying coaster, they wouldn't go for this ride system. ;)

DiogoJ42 said:
The website seems to imply it's an off the shelf design. TBH, if someone wanted a custom designed flying coaster, they wouldn't go for this ride system. ;)

Watch the video on that site, it's horrific. It just looks jerky and bereft of any charm at all.

Not to mention the giant Candy Floss Machine lift hill. It's very unique though, and I bet it will get people talking in the queue.