• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

And the cheap qbuster paper tickets are now replaced with a fifty quid vip pass for a single ride on the five biggest for fifty quid.
Increase of 500% since my last visit.

There was a time where I'd agree that there did appear to be efforts to get the park toward a level of a park like BGT. Kumali and the massive investment in the zoo showed a lot of promise for what was to come. However, we've since seen:
  • Rotting theming (Kumali's entrance arch)
  • Capacity physically reduced on rides (Kumali's second train gone, Flip-Flop and Pterodactyl having seats removed)
  • That capacity dropped even further impacted by overly expensive fast passes
  • A drop in effort for new attractions. Off the shelf, bog standard rubbish with no effort to really do a whole lot with them.
I've quickly knocked up the below which I think demonstrates just how dramatically the park is going backwards. Two rides with how they looked on opening on the left, vs how they look now.

Untitled-2.png

The park is quite literally doing the absolute bare minimum to operate now, and there doesn't appear to be any sort of concerted effort to grow. Sure you can argue that the 10 looper shows intent, but that's been delayed time and time again, and I get the feeling it was a knee jerk reaction, purchased with little thought of the work involved. I can't help but think there's a fair bit of regret that they did it now.

Whilst a new coaster should be welcomed, guests don't visit for a single ride. They visit for the whole package, and if they are ending up wandering round seeing massive queues thanks to low capacity rides, why would they bother heading back?

There was a time where I'd agree that there did appear to be efforts to get the park toward a level of a park like BGT. Kumali and the massive investment in the zoo showed a lot of promise for what was to come. However, we've since seen:
  • Rotting theming (Kumali's entrance arch)
  • Capacity physically reduced on rides (Kumali's second train gone, Flip-Flop and Pterodactyl having seats removed)
  • That capacity dropped even further impacted by overly expensive fast passes
  • A drop in effort for new attractions. Off the shelf, bog standard rubbish with no effort to really do a whole lot with them.
I've quickly knocked up the below which I think demonstrates just how dramatically the park is going backwards. Two rides with how they looked on opening on the left, vs how they look now.

Untitled-2.png

The park is quite literally doing the absolute bare minimum to operate now, and there doesn't appear to be any sort of concerted effort to grow. Sure you can argue that the 10 looper shows intent, but that's been delayed time and time again, and I get the feeling it was a knee jerk reaction, purchased with little thought of the work involved. I can't help but think there's a fair bit of regret that they did it now.

Whilst a new coaster should be welcomed, guests don't visit for a single ride. They visit for the whole package, and if they are ending up wandering round seeing massive queues thanks to low capacity rides, why would they bother heading back?
I believe Flip Flop is no longer at the park now, or awaiting removal. :(

I am sure the project has cost Flamingo Land nothing like £20m but I wouldn't be surprised if the cumulative amount spent on this thing is approaching that figure when you account for the unit cost when it was new, it being shipped to Brazil, shipped to Malaysia, shipped to Yorkshire followed by groundwork, assembly and replacing a ton of parts that have expired or gone missing in transit.