• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

It IS different. And will probably be a far better ride than Colossus.

I'm not a big fan of Colossus, if i'm at Thorpe on a busy-ish day and the queues for most rides are long-ish Colossus is always the one I will give a miss to make sure I get on all the other major rides. However, that is mainly down to how uncomfortable the trains are. There is just no leg room, and plenty of head banging. Knowing that Inversion's trains are more roomy, and lapbar restraints, is gonna make it way more comfortable and much more of a "must ride" attraction than Colossus is.

Knowing that Inversion's trains are more roomy, and lapbar restraints, is gonna make it way more comfortable and much more of a "must ride" attraction than Colossus is.
Not least because the alternatives are less compelling. Hero will still be a torture device, Velocity will be broken and Kumali will be dispatching once every 15 mins.

I don't know if it's down to them having a poor Marketing Dept or whether they are still in doubt of it even opening. Been such a poor show from then though.

The pandemic hit them hard though with all the animals to keep fed and healthy. Zoos were getting pretty good donations. I don't remember if that translated to half park / half zoo.

Given how bad the queues and throughput at Flamingo Land can be I’m actually glad they aren’t marketing this coaster more! (Joke).

Last edited:
Flamingo have posted their April Fools.

Screenshot_20220401-102426.png

I find it absolutely bizarre that they have a major coaster due to open soon (apparently) and there’s not a single mention of it on their website. Not even a picture of it with the words “Coming Soon in 2022” on the rides page, nothing. You’d think that they’d want to be building up the anticipation for it amongst the public but apart from one Twitter post recently (showing the heartline roll section of track in its old colours) they’ve barely acknowledged it.

Maybe they aren't sure they will actually manage to get it open this year.
Well I've seen a video on YouTube recently by someone and it shows that the ride has completed its repaint. It looks fantastic!! Black supports and a Silver track. My guess that all they left unfinished now is the station and the queue.