• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

You'd have thought they'd have learnt a few lessons seeing how Icon flopped when it wasn't marketed. You really would think they'd at least try and market it in some way. If they aren't sure it's going to open could we actually see it delayed another year? Gives them time to market it properly.

This opinion piece reads somewhat similarly to the article we have been discussing in the Thorpe Park thread.

I can't help but think it's almost in their best interest not to enjoy these places given their need for traffic to generate revenue.

I imagine the headline "I went to Flamingo Land for the first time in years and left feeling underwhelmed" will score them more ad impressions than "I went to Flamingo Land and had a lovely time".

That said, I think that article is fairly balanced and some of the points raised are certainly not unfair.

I'm not a fast track hater, quite the opposite really - I figure it's part of the modern park experience, it not being available by exception at a few select locations - it's pretty ubiquitous now and I'll use it when at a park I rarely visit.

That said, £50 for skipping five rides at Flamingo Land once ... please. £10 each to skip Kumali, Velocity, Hero, Mumbo Jumbo and Cliff Hanger (!). You'd have to pay me £10 to ride Hero.

Buy your VIP Ride Pass at the Queue Buster Outlet in the main Plaza for only £50 per person.​

Skip the queue for the attraction you wish to ride first by waiting in the ride exit area.​

You can use your VIP Pass to access rides in any order but please leave an hour between each use. During this time, you are welcome to use any of our other rides or attractions using the queue lines.

Last edited:
I'm not a fast track hater, quite the opposite really - I figure it's part of the modern park experience, it not being available by exception at a few select locations - it's pretty ubiquitous now and I'll use it when at a park I rarely visit.

That said, £50 for skipping five rides at Flamingo Land once ... please. £10 each to skip Kumali, Velocity, Hero, Mumbo Jumbo and Cliff Hanger (!). You'd have to pay me £10 to ride Hero.
"At busy times there may be a short queue at the ride's exit"... In other words, they're going to risk clogging the ride exit paths by not limiting sales of this on busy days. 🤦‍♂️

I have no idea who would want to ride Hero let alone pay to skip the queue for it...

I’ve actually got my first ever to Flamingo Land coming up and have been weighing up whether to do Hero or not. One the one hand I know that it’s a appalling ride with a horrible awkward design and not a pleasant experience. But on the other hand it’s a new cred and a ride type that I’ve not tried before (and likely never will again given that awful reputation). I’m leaning towards giving it a go just to see for myself how bad it is and how the designers got things so terribly wrong.

Last edited:

I am fastrack hater and for me, if it must exist, this is exactly how it should be. A super premium price only a few will want which will impact the main queue far less then a cheap pass purchased by many.

I’ve actually got my first ever to Flamingo Land coming up and have been weighing up whether to do Hero or not. One the one hand I know that it’s a appalling ride with a horrible awkward design and not a pleasant experience. But on the other hand it’s a new cred and a ride type that I’ve not tried before (and likely never will again given that awful reputation). I’m leaning towards giving it a go just to see for myself how bad it is and how the designers got things so terribly wrong.
If you do decide to brave it, the inside cages are slightly more comfortable than the outside ones apparently.

If you do decide to brave it, the inside cages are slightly more comfortable than the outside ones apparently.

Thank you for the tip. I ended up having few goes on it unfortunately, I went on first of all to get the cred and I was in an inside cage. It wasn’t a pleasant experience but it wasn’t quite as horrible as I was expecting it to be. But then my daughter decided she wanted to get the cred as well so I went on it with her, this time in a outside cage, and it was dreadful. And then later on near the end of the day my son, who was adamant he wasn’t going on it, decided that he wanted to get the cred as well because his sister has it. So I went on it for a third time, again in an outside cage. We all decided that next time we visit we’ll steer well clear of it!. You really have to wonder at the thought process that went on to designing this ride. Any ride that begins with you having to chase a moving cage, go up a stepladder to get in to it, and then get shut in to a panini press and rattled around really shouldn’t have got past the drawing board stage. It’s just an awkward and uncomfortable experience from the moment you board to the moment you get stumble off.

But it has to be said that there were some rides at the park. Kumali was great, nicely themed with a good soundtrack, great to look at, and gave a surprisingly smooth ride with some good elements such as the cobra roll in to the zero-g roll which was fun.

Mumbo Jumbo was also a good ride. I loved the track layout for how bonkers it is, it looks like a real life K’nex roller coaster set and it’s just a fun ride. The way it takes the inversions slowly (especially with the Rush style restraints) makes for some interesting moments, I really liked it. And again, Velocity was a nice fun ride. It’s a pity that it’s a 1.4m ride and not a 1.3m because it would make for a great family launch coaster. It’s good that the park have a couple of coasters that are unique in the UK and Kumali, Mumbo Jumbo, Velocity, and Inversion will give them a fairly decent lineup once they finally get it open. I also have to mention how fantastic Cliffhanger was running in its combo mode. Good strong powerful blast up, a few bounces, then back up to the top for a nice long hold before plunging you forcefully downwards, what more could you want.

Interestingly though I was talking to somebody that worked there about Inversion (and how it’s going to be such a great addition to the park with those lap bar trains) and they implied that although everybody refers to it as Inversion that may well not actually be the final name.

Last edited: