• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

According to The Undead Creature on CoasterForce, who works at Flamingo Land, the ride only has one train:
Definitely only got one train.

We finally found out what happened to the second one. Hopi Hari never made the last payment so Intamin kept the second train and then later sold it to Anka Park just before we bought the ride from MAPS.

From what I have heard, though, the Turkish park has run into serious financial troubles so there is a chance that we can buy the second train from them by the end of this year. Nothing has been confirmed though so it could all be speculation.
Source: https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...rsion-coaster-2022.43277/page-60#post-1136616

I would be utterly astonished if Mingo of all places go to any effort whatsoever to retrospectively improve the throughput of one of their rides. Pretty much all of their other rides have started off low and trended downwards.
The Undead Creature says in the same thread that both trains for Kumali are still in use, but corporate asks them to simply rotate the trains rather than put them both on at once. Maybe this will be the case here?

I would be utterly astonished if Mingo of all places go to any effort whatsoever to retrospectively improve the throughput of one of their rides. Pretty much all of their other rides have started off low and trended downwards.
I think that has been true in most cases but they have turned a bit of a corner with Mumbo Jumbo, that has been running two four car trains for years but that number has doubled this season.

I mean, obviously they stack like hell, but you can't have everything.

With all the flags in the coasters design, the slight hint of purple in the colours and the repaint to Platinum track earlier this year I'm almost certain they were planning to call it something Jubilee related.
When you think about it the sudden sponsored name was quite late to be announced. Around the time they must have realised it wouldn't open before the Jubilee weekend.
Of course it might also be that they realised they needed sponsorship money to finish the ride. Would make the name slightly more bearable if it turns out without it the ride might not have opened at all.

With all the flags in the coasters design, the slight hint of purple in the colours and the repaint to Platinum track earlier this year I'm almost certain they were planning to call it something Jubilee related.
When you think about it the sudden sponsored name was quite late to be announced. Around the time they must have realised it wouldn't open before the Jubilee weekend.
Of course it might also be that they realised they needed sponsorship money to finish the ride. Would make the name slightly more bearable if it turns out without it the ride might not have opened at all.
Apparently SikSilk helped to finance the ride, so I can see why Mingo named it after them.

It’s worth remembering, however, that the platinum paint job was planned from the get go; the original planning application made in 2019 referenced a grey and black paint job. The park simply waited until 2022 to apply this, for reasons I’m not entirely sure of. Had the ride opened in 2020 as originally planned, theming it to the Jubilee would arguably have been a little bit premature.

With that in mind, I’d guess that Sik may have been a more long term idea than you might expect.

That's a fair point Matt. I did think after posting I should of checked the original application.
The flags on the train however could still hint to that. Unlike Blackpool I wouldn't have expected Flamingo Land to go with Union Flag designs. Their other big coasters are African themed (not that they've stuck to that identity over the years).

Their other big coasters are African themed (not that they've stuck to that identity over the years).
Haven’t they done other rides that aren’t? I’ve never visited, so I could be wrong here, but Velocity and Hero aren’t Africa themed, are they? And I believe this is in the same themed section (Metropolis) according to the website.

Perhaps the Union Flag designs were because SikSilk and Flamingo Land are both British businesses, and they were wanting to promote “the power of British creativity” or some other similar reason? I could be wrong here, but if it was an out and out Jubilee-themed ride, surely they would have gone for the proper Union Jack rather than the strange monochrome flag design they seem to have gone for? I could be wrong here, but the design they’ve gone for looks more like an altered take on the Union Jack designed to be “edgy” and “hip” to fit with the whole “Sik” brand.

I’m not saying a Jubilee themed ride wasn’t a consideration at one stage, but it doesn’t seem the most likely option to me.

Haven’t they done other rides that aren’t? I’ve never visited, so I could be wrong here, but Velocity and Hero aren’t Africa themed, are they? And I believe this is in the same themed section (Metropolis) according to the website.

Perhaps the Union Flag designs were because SikSilk and Flamingo Land are both British businesses, and they were wanting to promote “the power of British creativity” or some other similar reason? I could be wrong here, but if it was an out and out Jubilee-themed ride, surely they would have gone for the proper Union Jack rather than the strange monochrome flag design they seem to have gone for? I could be wrong here, but the design they’ve gone for looks more like an altered take on the Union Jack designed to be “edgy” and “hip” to fit with the whole “Sik” brand.

I’m not saying a Jubilee themed ride wasn’t a consideration at one stage, but it doesn’t seem the most likely option to me.
Velocity and Hero are the only other major coasters that aren't African themed.

It does appear as though the park is moving away from Africa theming somewhat; Hero, their most recent thrill coaster, wasn’t Africa themed, and I remember that big go kart track they built a couple of years ago wasn’t Africa themed, either. The likes of Zoooom certainly aren’t, either.

What actually was the last Africa themed ride Flamingo Land built? I’m struggling to think of it…