• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beveraaage!

Remember that the park has just closed Spinball Noodles and a few other outlets around the park. I doubt Merlin would then go and spend money creating an outlet in the gardens that would do even worse than one of the places in the prominent areas of the park.

As much as I'd love the idea of a cafe in the gardens, I really can't see it happening. Not while Merlin are in charge at least.

???

Where I eat tends to very massively on who Im with.

If its with the kids as a family group we tend to hit Explorers as its a nice way for everyone to fill up and caters to everyones tastes easily and you still get a sit down in a pretty decent location. The little one loves her pasta and the big lad is all about pizza, im not massively a fan of either but find it a nice enough venue.

If its me and my hubby we go to woodcutters, sit down have a pint and probably the best quality meal you can get on park on the only semi-service location. We take it easy, enjoy the people-watching and if in the right place the rita-launching. Its probably my favourite venue.

If with TTF or friends it tends to be a fast food place, I normally go for Burger King as I like the chicken strips, but Ive not managed to get to the chicken place in x-sector yet - Im hoping that will please me more, as often the service and wait times at burger king are awful!
I do miss mcdonalds being on park, the ability to run in, grab something and run out has really gone and I miss that.

Ive used Eastern Express a couple of times, they do a wonderful curry! Its an odd little venue that I do find charming in its own way, and I love the smell as you walk past.

--

The courtyard bbq is dire! Breadcake?! Its like a rock - ive had softer ice in my mouth than those things! And it tends to be low quality meat at a high price. Shame on them!

Never eaten in Towers Street Restaurant, I once walked in, thought Id gone through a hole in the time continuum - went back out, then back in - was sadly disappointed, and left again. Didnt eat there, the fact it wasnt intended to be a historic venue or I'd travelled in time saddened me too much.

TBH I hate the Burger King's on Park. The prices are woeful! £4 for just a chicken royale, no side/drink, and awful customer service. I was being shouted at to order. However I love Fried Chicken Co. Not bad value for money, great quick food.

I have just noticed that pizza & pasta is £9.45 hopefully it won't go over £10

cotda said:
TBH I hate the Burger King's on Park. The prices are woeful! £4 for just a chicken royale, no side/drink, and awful customer service. I was being shouted at to order.
The one thing I didn't ever really think about with KFC/BK was the attitudes of the staff. As it's got that brand name behind them, never felt like I'm at towers and they have not got the attitude of towers staff.

FCC blew me away with the friendliness, speed and efficiency of their staff over BK, and you feel like you're at towers. Let's only hope this gets extended with the BK removal.

Oooh yes, I ALWAYS forget about Eastern Express! It's weird, it's one of the most immersively themed outlets once inside, but never seems to be hugely popular! However, for some random Indian snacks, a curry, or a wrap, it's really not bad - though the lack of AP discount is always a shame :(

Magrathea said:
Oooh yes, I ALWAYS forget about Eastern Express! It's weird, it's one of the most immersively themed outlets once inside, but never seems to be hugely popular! However, for some random Indian snacks, a curry, or a wrap, it's really not bad - though the lack of AP discount is always a shame :(
Yeah I always forget about the outlet too, I've always loved eating there :)

I eat at BK when I'm at Towers...usually. I really enjoyed FCC when I had it last, seemed good-ish value as well.

However...Courtyard BBQ is diabolical. I can only echo what others have said.

I had a burger last week that came in what can only be described as a bun shaped rock. Not to mention the burger looked under-cooked and cost a tenner including a drink! The first time I've complained about something officially. Was assured that management regularly discuss prices to make sure they remain reasonable and competitive! Competitive compared to the gate price? Sure! To anything else? Nope!

I tried to eat at woodcutters today only to be told they had no steaks.
Not great planning by whoever is in charge.
Consequently we ate off the park at The Dapple Grey ???

Pizza Pasta should not go up again, the slight bit more to pay has annoyed me and after especially seeing the cheaper and nicer BPBPBPPB equivalent I will not be visiting there in a hurry.

Spinball Outlets were nice albiet pancakes are always high cost anywhere, CCL Cafe I'd recommend for a larger group with small families and is just about right to make some profit. Oh and hopefully Burget King's replacement will have a Red Button Challenge, it has grown on me even if I just order a drink there.

cubwolf said:
That is disgraceful, shows that it needs more variety. Woodcutters should really be slightly balanced with prices too, some are varying in ridiculousness.

cubwolf said:
Not great planning by whoever is in charge.
Consequently we ate off the park at The Dapple Grey ???
McDonalds ran out of food on Saturday in Liverpool...

Anyway, I quite like the Mexican Cantina, for the food, smells, and generally because it's barely ever busy!

Unfortunately, I rarely eat here because friends want to go to KFC or BK...

Pizza/Pasta will rise to £9.95 next year then probably hold for a year or two as it's quite psychological going above £10.

Cant wait for BK to go, awful food at extortionate prices. MaccyD's was much better.

Anyway, I usually eat in Pizza Pasta, lovely to sit outside on a nice sunny day. Though at £9.45 its starting to get a tad expensive now. They need to include a chocolate fountain in there or something to make it worthwhile!

Courtyard Tavern ive eaten at twice, not bad.

As for the huge BK , they could turn this into a food hall with different outlets inside, some doing jacket spuds, chinese food, noodle bar, etc etc.

One final thing - I would LOVE IT if Alton re-opened the Swiss cottage, put a seating area outside and turned it into a nice coffee n cake place (with sarnies). How nice would that be to sit outside there overlooking the gardens on a summers day!!!

^
Summer? Really?! As much as that sounds a really nice idea with our weather I don't see it happening unfortunately! Also I doubt people would really want to go out the way of the theme park itself just for a quite place, I guess there would be a few don't get me wrong but not alot to keep it going I guess.

We have mentioned this before. If the park did it up and improved signage, the Swiss cottage I'm sure would attract a fair few visitors. You have to remember that a fair few people still visit the gardens and its just off the path way from the valley to dark forest. I know for sure that if the food was of an high standard (even if it was just tea, coffee and cakes), I would pop into there for something to drink and a quick snack. The only downside is, that access to it from Dark Forest is now partially blocked thanks to Rita's launch building.

If there was a flat on or near the old Ug Swinger site in DF then it may encourage people to use the little used path in/out of DF on the side of the gardens/valley entrance... That way more people would be likely to walk down that path and in turn be attracted towards the Gardens and Swiss Cottage.

Every time I go past the Fried Chicken Co. it always seems to look quite popular and just as busy as KFC was, so im guessing its been quite a success for Towers, hopefully this will make them remove the Burger Kings.

Couple of issues regarding food and drink:

Coffee
A standard latte, or indeed any espresso based coffee, is made with ONE shot of espresso. This costs £2.70. I am sorry, but one shot is inadequate for anything resembling taste. Costa, Starbucks and Nero all use 2 or 3 shots in each espresso based drink. I was told they could add a shot for 50p, but come on - a latte for £3.20? Is that some kind of joke?

Bread
Year after year - the ciabatta's at Woodcutters and the burger buns across the park are stale. Why? Who makes this dire bread? Don't AT realise it's awful? The managers should try it.