• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beveraaage!

F&B at Alton Towers looked so promising between 2007-10 probably reaching a height in 2010. I think now it is taking backwards steps however, costcutting is leading to slimmer munu choice and poorer quality ingredients.

F&B is tricky, obviously FCC is good as is most of wood cutters and all of Pizza Pasta (tried Blackpool version of Pizza Pasta and it was nowhere near as good). But the bread on park is dire, the coffee is weak and things like pancakes are just re-heated (at Blackpool they are made fresh).

So it's a bit mixed but it s certainly better than under Tussauds when the kitchen cleanliness was condemned.

I was under the impression that the outlets condemned for that were the externally operated ones?

Either way, I'd say food quality overall is very good, I just can't fathom who is approving that bread! :(

Sounds like management need to send a memo to the head of F&B advising them to stop loafing around ;)

In the interests of posting something constructive at least, I will agree that the Pizza Pasta Buffet at Towers is better than Blackpool's when it comes down to food quality - although the restaurant itself at Blackpool is a far nicer place to eat than in the cramped hut in Katanga Canyon.

Honestly feel the bread is the main thing which lets down F&B offering - to the point where I actually avoid eating in woodcutters and courtyard.

Ridiculous when they could use the same bloody buns as FCC, and you'd get an amazing burger.

I feel the term 'bread' is being overly generous to something that more closely resembles chalk.

We visited Fried Chicken Co. on Sunday and found the chicken to be dry and lacklustre. The win your meal thing also didn't seem to be in operation. Do you have to request it or they just keep quiet? I was waiting to see if it was offered to us.

Very disappointing.

Tom said:
We visited Fried Chicken Co. on Sunday and found the chicken to be dry and lacklustre.

I've always found it to be like that, I avoid eating there if possible.

I find fried chicken to be overrated anyway, but this was dry and lackluster compared to any other I've eaten. I think we went about 3pm or so, so it'd probably been sitting there for god knows how long. Whatever the explanation, it was pretty bad!

I did Fried chicken co yesterday and it was all very nice, a million times different to opening day when it was all horrible. Yesterday the chips were great and so was the chicken.

Im pretty sure the prices have also gone up in the fried chicken co in the last few weeks, just like they have at pizza pasta.

They have yes. £5.95 things are now £6.35 by my reckoning. Has the button thing stopped then?

That's quite a big price rise! Especially in percentage terms.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The red button challege is still happening, someone won while we were there (they play audio!).

It seems the meal deals have all gone up in price, but the items on their own havnt, before if you bought chicken and chips on their own you didnt really save much money, but now you save money, works well if you have a drinks capsule.

You can also now add cheese to your burgers now for 50p!

The bread on park is, or at the very least was, supplied by a company called 3663 (I was one sat waiting at a junction on sure while about 4 of their big lorries went past!), and they have a range of bread on their supply sheets... quite why Merlin feel the need to be renowned throughout their portfolio for 'Merlin Buns' is beyond me. There's a choice! They do WONDERFUL flour topped, soft versions!

Has anyone else noticed the vegetarian options problem I raised a few weeks ago? As in... the new outlets don't consider vegetarians?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

^ haven't really noticed much verity in vegetarian meals, I can only think of the salads within woodcutters and jacket potatoes in mutiny bay is there any more ??

Meat tbh!

There is a lentil stew at Woodcutters also.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The vegetarian platter at Woodcutter's is excellent value if you're sharing - those mushroom things are divine! :)

I find Woodcutter's has the best vegetarian options on park, I was fairly surprised that there isn't a burger type option at fried chicken for vegetarians.

I don't really know of any other new outlets yet, but I know the Burger Kitchen do a tasty sounding vegetarian option, even with the limited menu.

Though I found the vegetarian options at the Cantina are poor, there isn't a veggie chilli so if you have a tortilla, the filling is vegetables that have no depth of flavour, just spicy.

Vegetarian hotdogs would be a welcome introduction!