• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beveraaage!

It looks like we may be in luck - Burger King looks set to be leaving at the end of the season!
TowersStreet News
I'd certainly welcome this - the park could do with some slightly more varied food options, plus I find that Burger King's burgers are rather dry and tasteless.

Also it will improve consistency around the park if all external brands are eliminated. Eating outlets that you've never heard of are always more infitting with the escapism aspect of theme parks. Also, it'll be interesting to see what they do with the giant BK in CCL!

I'm expecting that they'll turn the BK in CCL into a Burger Kitchen, and the outlets in MB and FV could house a Roast and Relish or a Sandwich Co outlet (one goes in one and the other in the other). Sounds better than BK!

Perhaps either Woodcutters could be "upgraded" for better burgers and steaks with the new one taking its average priced place or vice versa?

I really hope this is true. My last experience of Burger King at AT (FV), the staff were barking at you to order (thought i was in N: ST :p), it was extremely overpriced and didnt taste good at all. Bring on a Merlin replacement!

S'all about the Merlin discount! Pleased to see the back of it, they did a good job with The Fried Chicken Co in X sector!

Delighted.

Never liked BK at Alton - from day one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well...I had a burger on Saturday night from the Mutiny Bay BK. And it was lovely.

Not too fussed about this, I usually eat at whichever outlet is nearest or where the majority are going if on a meet.

I've never really had an issue with on park BK, as I generally like BK anyway. However, it doesn't feel 'right' being at Towers - particularly now KFC ad Pizza Hut have been totally removed too. I agree with the above idea of the three outlets each being something different, with a Burger Kitchen and Roast & Relish being top of the list of priorities.

The huge space in CCL will be an interesting one to fill. I doubt it would become a sit-down Burger Kitchen as Woodcutter's is just round the corner... I can see it becoming some sort of Flambo-esque buffet restaurant to compliment Explorer's on t'other side of the park.

There is a new buffet resturant at Legoland this year (similar to Flambos, but smaller menu and cheaper), I could see something like this go in the CCL one, then I could see a Roast and Relish (I hope) and a Sandwich Co/Burger kitchen in the other places.

Extra-mild is indeed on Towers' Mexican Cantina's menu Lozzy; I had it on Saturday. That place is going to become one of my favourite eateries at the park at this rate!

I'm increasingly finding deciding where to eat when I visit Towers tricky, as I only really like Explorers and the Cantina now. I tend to lump the other decent-sizes places into a big pile of average or worse. Woodcutters varies between acceptable and below average, Fresh Fish and Chips have only ever sold me soggy rubbish, and Courtyard is absolutely dreadful. Towers Family Restaurant is outdated and in a poor location, but I went there a lot last year for the roast chicken they used to offer. It wasn't great when I went for lunch at the start of this season, but I miss it regardless.

Duplo Family Restaurant at Legoland was very cramped when I went there earlier in the year, but there was certainly nothing wrong with the food or pricing, and I'd welcome something similar at Towers. I'd also really like to see something like Adventurers' Chicken Shack at Chessie (Nandos in all but name) or an epic carvery restaurant like The Undercroft at Warwick Castle, but these would be fairly large places and I feel they might have limited appeal to most guests at Towers.

The Burger King news is great to hear. Here's hoping we get an own-brand burger place in one of the two small BK units (NOT using the Woodcutters/Courtyard baps please), a Roast and Relish in the other, and a high capacity yet high quality non-fast food restaurant in CCL.

Brilliant news in a rather dark time for Towers. High-priced Buffet for the Burger Kitchen but I don't think it has to be THAT big. I'd expect some sort of desert avaliable like a mini ice cream parlour which could easily fit CCL. Make it gourmet but push vouchers for it for more to go to that area. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Coffee Bar was moved to there as CB is easily unnoticed and can be used for storage. I don't think it's new guests during Scarefest would make the most difference.

Mutiny I'd put a Sandwich Bar as many walk past it and could be a great snack to get considering you could pass it at the start or end of your day for maximum money juiced pissible. And by the time most guests get to FV its around lunch anyway so I'd whack a Burger Bar there. Add a couple Gourmet and some themed spicy ones for good measure.

A "food mall" in CCL would be great offering a selection of different types of food. While I hate BK and was gutted when MaccyD's was removed, my only concern is that once Alton get rid of any outside competition will they then whack up their prices......

I don't think that prices will go up dramatically at all... Obviously prices rise each year but Merlin have shown that their food offerings have generally stayed true to expected prices. Fried Chicken Co is similarly priced to KFC and I doubt the removal of the final outside brand would then let them think they can raise prices. Particularly not when Burger King on park is far more expensive than its high street counterpart.

GaryH said:
MaccyD's was removed, my only concern is that once Alton get rid of any outside competition will they then whack up their prices......

Maccy has a poor health inspection and I always found it a bit grimy anyway if I remember. And I'm sure Alton would have the common sense not to ride it considering FCC reasonable-ish price and Pizza Pasta getting a unnecessary price rise, I think Alton have got it covered as closing some small food outlets has helped to fund this which is actually a rather large project.

Mexican has gone downhill significantly since it opened.

Cardboard trays mean smaller portions. Burritos have gone. Selection is just bizarre now.

GaryH said:
A "food mall" in CCL would be great offering a selection of different types of food. While I hate BK and was gutted when MaccyD's was removed, my only concern is that once Alton get rid of any outside competition will they then whack up their prices......

Burger King was franchised anyway so I'm fairly certain Towers could set the price but I may be wrong.

Dave said:
GaryH said:

Burger King was franchised anyway so I'm fairly certain Towers could set the price but I may be wrong.
It was probably franchised, but I doubt it was franchised to Towers themselves rather it was more likely a franchise owned by another company and operated within the units at Towers. I could be wrong though.

AstroDan said:
Mexican has gone downhill significantly since it opened.

Cardboard trays mean smaller portions. Burritos have gone. Selection is just bizarre now.

Seems to be a merlin-wide thing. Changed the menu's at all three sites beginning of the year, and they're nowhere near as good as they used to be (imo anyway).

BK is a seperate franchise by an outside company, whose name I just cannot remember (they show it on the business details on the side wall by the tills if you're ever interested).

Towers wouldn't increase the pricing of food, not to ridiculous levels anyway, purely because of the franchises leaving. Why? Because people still need to eat, and people are price conscious. If people cannot buy food on park because it's too expensive, then they'd have a serious issue and backlash on their hands. I imagine it'll remain similar pricing to BK atm.