• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2015

I dont agree, never had any issues with burger kitchen. Last time I went they missed one of the burgers out of my double cheese burgers, they apologised and replaced it. Its fairly cheap (especially with the MAP discount), warm and always fairly ok. Realistically what more do you want from a fast food outlet?

I'm just going to say that I once received a burger in Burger Kitchen, without an actual burger inside.

And no, I'm not even joking.

It'd have been an honest mistake, that tends to happen everywh...

Oh, wait a minute.

I've only attempted to eat BK burger once. The cheese was green, the lettuce was brown, and the "meat" was grey.

All the leaves are brroowwwnnn, and the meat was greyyyyyy.

Perfect song there!

(I've been for a waaalkk... to the nearest BK). This could go on forever...

The food has improved since it opened. I still think its rather expensive for a basic burger and chips, but with MAP its OK.

The main issue with all my visits is the customer service. The staff are usually quite friendly and fine, but they are sometimes so slow, and there never seems to be any kind of management. I always remember being in there once and the queue was to the door, with only one person serving, yet there were 4 or 5 staff cleaning up or wiping tables. Any kind of good staff or manager would open some tills and get the queue down. It just seems the staff can get away with being so slow and no one seems to be in charge of them.

Then there is also the issue of not being able to multi task, now I don't know if this is the tills, staff, rules, or what but they often take your order and money and then wait for the food, rather than taking more orders or getting your food, they just wait and look slightly confused with what they are meant to do then. The likes of McDonalds, KFC, etc will take orders and have different staff doing different things, and not let the queues build up too much.

Recently ate at The Burger Kitchen in CCL, and I have to say was probably the worst Theme Park meal i've ever had.

Firstly, I actually walked in rather pleased. With new items on the menu and decent food offerings from the menu, I thought that I actually might grow to like Burger Kitchen with the new menu items.

I ordered the American Chicken Supreme or something like that, at £6.95 which was basically a chicken burger with lettuce, cheese and bacon. I did expect it to be really nice. After taking one bite into the burger, I couldn't touch it again. The chicken had water dripping out of it, and was almost like it had been resting in a bucket of water for hours before hand. It was full of water and didn't taste like chicken at all. I opened the burger and noticed that there were 5 small pieces of shredded letttuce, the bacon was soggy and watery, and the cheese didn't taste like cheese at all. I didn't touch it after that, and left more hungry than what I did coming in. I went over to Fried Chicken and had a meal there, as I actually enjoy the food from FCC. It's no KFC and it's not perfect, but it was nice enough.

I will never return to Burger Kitchen again. I understand, chicken is suppose to be 'juicy', but not like its been in a bucket of water for a few hours. I really hope Towers understand soon that food is a really important thing in a Theme Park.

In some positive news, the new Corner Coffee refurb is fantastic! Far better than the poor, cheap and tacky attempt they did last year. It now has a lovely feel to it with some nice themed seating and lighting. The removal of the bar also means that there is now more space for guests to sit. Good stuff!

:)

Good to hear Rob. I thought it was a bit meh last year, looking forward to popping in this year at some point

I was looking at pictures of it, and it looks there's been a nice recycling of the Teacups from Merrie England.

On the whole it is a massive improvement!

Went to Towers St Bar & Grill yesterday for food. I was surprised that my burger arrived so quickly, but they probably had everything they needed ready, and just had to assemble it all. It wasn't that bad, actually - while it's not the best burger I've had, it's definitely not the worst one, either. The bun was advertised as 'glazed brioche', but it wasn't, which was disappointing. The bun was still perfectly OK, though.

One moan I did have about the place, though, was that six of us ordered our food one after the other. Five meals arrived very soon after the other, but one - the smallest dish out of the ones we all ordered - didn't turn up. Half an hour after ordering, this was queried with one of the staff members, who said they'd apparently forgotten about it (which I find hard to believe, given that pretty much every table service restaurant kitchen gets a list of what food needs cooking and where it needs to go), and that it'd be another 'couple of minutes' before it arrived. Well, that 'couple of minutes' felt more like ten, and when this food arrived, there was no apology from the member of staff for the wait at all. Nothing. We were all rather annoyed, and complaints were made at Guest Services (now in the Box Office, for some strange reason). I just don't understand how it's possible for one meal out of six to be forgotten, especially when the actual dish isn't that big, and when they're all ordered at the same time!

I assume you ordered six seperate transactions? Not six items on one bill? It would be quite easy for one receipt to go missing and probably happens in every kitchen of every restaurant. But they should have apologised better and refunded the cost of that persons food for a half hour to wait. Mistakes happen, but its how they deal with the mistakes that shows how good the service is.

It was six separate transactions, yes. And we agreed (well, me and Ashlee) that it's how mistakes are dealt with that matters most of all.

How are orders processed in there, is it done via EPOS tills linked up to the kitchen? Or paper orders sent to the kitchen? If it's all electronic it would be pretty impossible for a meal to go missing. Unless a member of staff entered the meal but no table number, then they forgot who served who and it got thrown out (seen that happen a lot in pubs that use that kind of system).

How are orders processed in there, is it done via EPOS tills linked up to the kitchen? Or paper orders sent to the kitchen? If it's all electronic it would be pretty impossible for a meal to go missing. Unless a member of staff entered the meal but no table number, then they forgot who served who and it got thrown out (seen that happen a lot in pubs that use that kind of system).

Even if the order goes in the till and gets printed in the kitchen it is possible for the receipt to fall on the floor by accident and get missed, or a chef incorrectly thinks they have sent that order and throws the ticket away, its an easy mistake to make and should be an easy one to fix too. They just need to make sure their managers are fixing these mistakes straight away.

Just seen on TST's Facebook that the MAP discount on Alcohol is being withdrawn. This is very disappointing

Wow, ridiculous. Why should you not get discount on alcohol? Does not seem fair at all. Let's see if Towers tills are able to cope with orders of both alcohol and food, could get interesting for a big meal at Secret Garden for example.

This also makes staying over on Resort even less appealing.

:)