• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

A just outside north London gets placed in the Northern League and I though Kings Lynn was taking the mick.

National League North is just getting ridiculous: Gloucester, Hereford, Banbury, Brackley and Bishops Stortford are all now Northern. I guess there's not much they can do with so many southern teams in the sixth tier.

Nah you should go, imagine if they turn it round and you're not in the stadium.

Does again show how flawed the play offs are in their current form. Sheffield Wednesday nearly get automatically promoted, so they get rewarded with an away game just days after the season ends.
Am indeed going tonight but have absolutely no hope whatever. If we score 5 goals and win then I'll eat my words, but I just don't see it happening.

This is why I don't rate the playoffs. Great as a spectacle but not fair. I would expand it to say 6 teams and do a mini league......

This is why I don't rate the playoffs. Great as a spectacle but not fair. I would expand it to say 6 teams and do a mini league......

What's unfair about the play offs that would be fair for a 6 team mini league?

If you want fairness then top 3 up bottom 3 down is the only way to do it.

If you want drama and minimal dead rubber matches then the play offs are best.

Mini league the worst of both worlds.

@D4n For me a mini league means there is less potential for an off game, like Wednesday the other day, and still go up. A second chance if you like. Over the season they've been far better.

Sorry for the double post.

I get the sentiment that play offs are like a penalty shoot out of a league season but what happens if all games in the mini league finishes 0-0? Playoffs 😜