• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Congratulations Luton, I was a steward at Wrexham when they got promoted at the Racecourse in 2005 and somehow ended up drinking champers with their fans on the pitch at the end of the game.

Somehow from there we both ended up in NL and had a number of scrapes in the Play Offs before they got promoted. (Still have a deep seated desire to throw a twirl at Robbie Wilmott, who I hope is played by James Corden or someone equally deplorable if they make a film). Too many bad visits to the time warp that is Kenilworth Road has always made me wince at the word Luton over the years. Having our bus smashed up and being chased away with shovels probably didn't help.

Yet somehow they've blazed the trail that Wrexham needs to somehow emulate. Honestly their achievement is nothing short of miraculous, especially as Nathan Jones had a hand in it. So even though it's a begrudgingly fed, congrats its going to be amazing to see how they do next year.

Leicester is an odd one. Great owners on the face of it. What's gone wrong
Mismanaged from top to bottom for a while now. Poor signings have become too frequent and very average players like Verstergaard and Soumare etc being put on 70-100k a week contracts. Also not sacking rodgers earlier when the trend was only going one way and the football was unbelievably stale. Things really seemed to have a changed since our owner passed away and his son took over, it seems like he’s put way to much trust into people at the club who have failed him for too long. Our decline has gone under the radar but the signs have been there for a long time now.

@Connor98 @Rob Commiserations guys, Leicester were so close! Everton have dodged the bullet for the second season in a row.
Thank you! It’s unbelievable we’ve allowed ourselves to get in this situation! Just if Maddison scored that penalty against Everton a few games ago it would have been so different. But you can’t rely on single moments to keep you up in a whole season.

Time for me to get nervous now... T- 80 minutes til the League One Playoff Final kicks off. I'll be watching on tv from behind a cushion, but COME ON WEDNESDAY! 🔵⚪🔵⚪

Time for me to get nervous now... T- 80 minutes til the League One Playoff Final kicks off. I'll be watching on tv from behind a cushion, but COME ON WEDNESDAY!
I am watching my son play cricket but will be keeping an eye on the score. Think they've got sky sports in the pavilion so may have to nip inside. WAWAW !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Time for me to get nervous now... T- 80 minutes til the League One Playoff Final kicks off. I'll be watching on tv from behind a cushion, but COME ON WEDNESDAY! 🔵⚪🔵⚪
Good luck! Would like another trip to Hillsborough next season, I don’t think I’ve ever seen us win there so would be nice to change that😉

Sevilla just love the Europa League don't they.

Hopefully looking forward to Liverpool giving it a good go next season, especially with the final in Dublin.

Oh my word, what a play-off to end the SPFL season.

Partick Thistle won 2-0 in the first leg and were leading 1-0 for much of the second leg with 20 minutes remaining until Ross County scored 3 times to take the extra time before they completed a miracle to win on penalties...surely one of the greatest play-off games for sure but I do feel sorry for Partick Thistle given they had to go through two previous play-off games to get here only for them to trip up right up at the death.

Out of interest, do you Scots get bored of playing the same teams 4+ times a season?
Yes, every fan will tell you that, one of the few times both sides of the Old Firm will agree on something. The only reason is for broadcasters sake who demand more Old Firm games and sadly money talks as that is to them the only reason they'll pay for it which shows you how much the rest of the world looks down on the rest of the Scottish football.

Ideally, if say Amazon Prime came in to try a secure a TV deal that not only is higher than what is paid with Sky Sports but goes for a normal 2+ encounters a season instead of four which included a expanded top flight from 12 to 16 teams then many would happily accept it. For now though, the fan's opinion is null and void when money talks which sadly is nothing new in football.