• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Looking forward to see how much club's life Sheffield Wednesday are going to fleece away fans for tickets. The £30 cap in the Premier League isn't exactly cheap, but I fear that in some cases it's going to be quite a bit more than that.

New season isn't that far away, who's going to win the top 4 divisions

Premier League - I can't see past City. Unfortunately. I think Arsenal will push the closest with Newcastle and Chelsea rounding out the top 4.

Championship - I feel Leicester should be the ones to wrap this up, although if they invest the Gyorkes money right Coventry could shock a few.

League One - Cant split between Portsmouth or Peterborough for me.

League Two - Stockport County. Just because ill watch their week games on busineess trips lol.

Got a feeling that after their challenge lost momentum last season, Arsenal might not do quite as well as last season. I think they'll make top 4 but might lack the consistency of large parts of last season. Just a gut feeling. Can see Chelsea improving a lot.

Should be competitive for the top 4. City will probably win the league again.

Just a quick shoutout to the England U21 team, who won the Euros at the weekend, and somehow managed to do it without conceding any goals. That penalty for Spain at the end was really nervy to watch, but that double save from James Trafford? Wow - incredibly impressive.

Whoop! Whoop!

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I always thought it was worse the other way, especially when Phil Neville tried to make out he was the Pep Guardiola of Women's football.

Could be a watershed moment for all coaches regardless of gender and whilst I can't always bring myself to wish FGR & Dale Vince the best of luck, I do hope this appointment goes well.

On a slightly related note. Hopefully I'll be back to sneaking a Sausage Roll into the New Lawn again this season.
As said can't wish Dale Vince well, this was a clearly a publicity stunt and Hannah Dingley hase been replaced already.

At least she'll have 3 friendlies under her belt by time she finishes.

The Mbappe / PSG saga is a really interesting one.

Mbappe does owe them some loyalty given how much they've paid him. But equally, he is within his rights just to sit it out. As long as he is prepared to work there is no contract breach.

PSG aren't looking good in this. Acting as bullies. Be warned Utd fans, this is what will happen to our club

Generally nowadays (and there are exceptions to the rule) if a player is unhappy and wants to leave you're better off just letting them go and trying to get a fair transfer fee for them if possible. The players have all of the power nowadays and it rarely works out well when you try to hold a player hostage (so to speak). Not sure exactly what's happened in the Mbappe case.

Have to decide whether it's FPL, Sun Dream Team or Telegraph Fantasy football. I have a team in each. If you decide, let me know and I'll join, or create a league or whatever. Make sure you've got a team sorted by tonight or you'll potentially lose points as the first game kicks off tonight (City v Burnley).