• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Hibs get through the tie which means we're going to have a battle of Britain play off tie with Aston Villa!

Edinburgh vs Birmingham in the John McGinn derby!

Ten Hag needs to drop his new project of starting Mount and Garnacho. Said this to the Utd fan at work last week but he reckoned Mount was amazing. Needs to go back to basics like playing Rashford coming in from the left and beef up the centre mid a bit more. If Ten Hag can't accept that his new plan was wrong then it will be the end of him at Utd. Big test of character for him.

Hibs...oh deary me...

Not exactly a surprise to see a Scottish side getting battered in European competition is it. Whilst there have been a few good campaigns by Scottish clubs in recent years it seems that there’s been a hell of a lot of pastings as well.

Funny how they swung from losing at home to Stevenage (three divisions below them) to qualifying for Europe in the same season.

Not exactly a surprise to see a Scottish side getting battered in European competition is it. Whilst there have been a few good campaigns by Scottish clubs in recent years it seems that there’s been a hell of a lot of pastings as well.
Hibs are famously bottlejobs always losing badly in Europe and certain results even domestically to which other fans in Scotland say, "Hibs have Hibsed it!" Whenever Hibs blow it, it's in their DNA.

Granted Hibs were up against it but still, they gave away three headers in the penalty box showing how utterly bad defence wise they were.

If Sheff Wed lose against Leeds on Saturday I think I'm going to stop following them lol. We've played four and lost four in the championship, we're now the only team in the entire EFL still with zero points! 🤦‍♂️

And don't get me started on last night's cup match. We played well in the first half and actually scored a goal, only to concede on the 95th minute and lose on penalties. 🤦‍♂️

We really need to stop making silly mistakes and conceding easy goals. Sacking Moore was the wrong decision by DC and I do feel that we wouldn't be in this position if he was still in charge. If we keep playing like we are now, we'll be relegated by Christmas. I'm not planning to attend a game until our form improves.

Last edited:
The Championship is a frustrating league at the best of times, the gaps to the Premier League and League 1 are massive and Championship clubs are notorious for spending money they don't have in the hope of promotion. Luton were in the relegation zone throughout their first season in the Championship until some luck on the last day kept us up, three years later loom where we are! (Admittedly we did spend beyond our means slightly but that was largely because our budget was tiny to begin with).

I actually feel sorry for Harry Maguire. Yes he scored the own goal last night, but it was hardly a calamitous error. And he was steady thereafter.

I saw him play more than enough times for Leicester to know that he is a very good player. Unfortunately for him, he is a victim of us completely pulling down Manchester United's pants with the price they paid for him. No way was he worth that much, but as is often the case, Manchester United were desperate.