• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

West Ham are European champions...they get the last laugh on all the other London teams however the real winner is my fellow countryman David Moyes who finally wins silverware as a manager and the first Scot to win a European trophy as manager since Sir Alex Ferguson.

Moyes deserves it after so long.

Before I put this small rant on I have to express that am a Liverpool supporter. (And Barnsley) so this may seem a little bitter but.

Back in 99 when united won the treble I really did feel bitter about it. The club that was at the very heart of anger, was being paraded around like the greatest thing since sliced bread. The sheer smugness of every united fan at school and around the place was unbearable.

City win it. Nothing. No anger, no bitterness, no jealousy not even a sly "what an achievement!" Thought. Nothing, I just feel hollow.

West ham win in Europe "get in, nice one lads. (Yes even you blue nose Dave!")

I sense it's not just me either. The whole mess that golf has got itself into with the Saudi money seems to have sparked a "this oil money in sport doesn't feel right" throwing billions at projects by faking sponsorship companies to get round fair play.

I get that feeling this is how Germans and the French feel when munich and psg win.

I expect that if my club (West Brom) got ridiculously bankrolled to winning lots of trophies that I would get bored after winning the first few. If it's not a natural or organic growth it would just feel a bit empty to me. I think the greatest satisfaction in most achievements is the struggle and effort that you know you endured on the way. I think that's why it would feel a bit empty.

Bit like Blackburn winning the very first Premiership with the amazing abilities of Jack Walkers wallet.
It did a really good job in attacking positions, midfield and defence, and even managed to be good between the posts as well.
Many loved it, I just found it a bit sad and hollow...
"Got the money??? Go win."

Bit like Blackburn winning the very first Premiership with the amazing abilities of Jack Walkers wallet.
It did a really good job in attacking positions, midfield and defence, and even managed to be good between the posts as well.
Many loved it, I just found it a bit sad and hollow...
"Got the money??? Go win."

The king won it.

Now, this was unexpected... Just three weeks after winning promotion to the Championship, Sheffield Wednesday manager Darren Moore had left the club by mutual consent.

Who's idea do you reckon that was?
Not sure, probably more the chairman than Moore but the statement says that "both parties felt the time was right to move on".

Just got to hope this doesn't impact preseason and preparations for the Championship. His backroom staff have left as well.

Not sure, probably more the chairman than Moore but the statement says that "both parties felt the time was right to move on".

Just got to hope this doesn't impact preseason and preparations for the Championship. His backroom staff have left as well.
Just like starting your squad from new, I don't expect starting your coaching staff from new will help.

Could be totally wrong though. I guess it depends who they have in mind to replace the whole staff.

San Marino v Kazakhstan was a great game to be at. The atmosphere was brilliant and the first half, San Marino were really sticking it to the Kazakhs. A CB who can be a leading figure and another striker and they're away. Played some decent football and gave 110%

FORZA TITANI

PXL_20230616_184103113.jpg

In fresh management news, Forest Green Rovers are the first professional men's side to have a female manager.
Hannah Dingley is only taking the role on a caretaker basis, but it still counts, and I think it's a really positive development. We've had men managing women's teams for a number of years, so I see nothing wrong with a woman managing a men's team.

In fresh management news, Forest Green Rovers are the first professional men's side to have a female manager.
Hannah Dingley is only taking the role on a caretaker basis, but it still counts, and I think it's a really positive development. We've had men managing women's teams for a number of years, so I see nothing wrong with a woman managing a men's team.

Whoop! Whoop!

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. I always thought it was worse the other way, especially when Phil Neville tried to make out he was the Pep Guardiola of Women's football.

Could be a watershed moment for all coaches regardless of gender and whilst I can't always bring myself to wish FGR & Dale Vince the best of luck, I do hope this appointment goes well.

On a slightly related note. Hopefully I'll be back to sneaking a Sausage Roll into the New Lawn again this season.