• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Well I was expecting a defeat, but I think we did quite better than expected. Our new on loan signing Prutton looked quite good, and our 4-5-1 formation is more fluid than the 4-4-2 we've been playing in the league so far. More positives than negatives from that game I reckon. Although our finishing wasn't much to shout about though, still don't think Grella and Grant are a good enough forward line for us.

mrbrightside said:
Average performance from Norwich but with individual signs of promise. We never looked in danger but equally didn't challenge too much either... Quality passing play and Hoolahan looked fantastic. They did why they needed to do and we're in round 3.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Pretty even game in my opinion. You could've killed us off near the end, but then again we had plenty of chances to get back level after that penalty. Obviously you'll disagree, but I don't think that should've been a penalty, Niall got the ball from your player and straight into the keepers hands, good tackle in my opinion.

Carrow Road is quite a nice ground I reckon, unsure if it breaks into my top ten though. Poor home support though, possibly the worst I've seen since our away game at Chesterfield last season.

Stelios said:
Well at least you haven't lost 2-1 to Crawley.

Pfft, you can't complain:

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/time- ... story.html

Haven't yet seen a replay so can't judge either way... You would have had a worse view than me tbh! There was def a claim for a 2nd pen late on though. I'd agree you worked chances but bar the long-range volley nothing looked troubling in the second half. You gave a good account of yourselves but we outplayed you in terms of defence and midfield and had our first team been playing I'm sure we'd have hit the net more than twice.

As for home support? I agree, it was quiet at times but what do you expect from a Tuesday night round 2 league cup game against (no offence) unattractive opposition? There were 13,000 odd there which is pretty damn good for round 2... Visit Carrow Road on a league match (no matter what league we're in) and the place will be rocking. I promise you that.

mrbrightside said:
As for home support? I agree, it was quiet at times but what do you expect

In all honesty, I was secretly hoping for this tbh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0

Sorry, I just had to find a way of slotting that in somewhere. ;)

mrbrightside said:
Visit Carrow Road on a league match (no matter what league we're in) and the place will be rocking. I promise you that.

I very nearly did, but due to other stuff I didn't. We lost 6-0 though so maybe I can't complain to much. :p

If we get promoted next season, seen as you're my favourites for relegation I'll make sure to free up some time for an away day in Norfolk. ;)

Haha, everyone thinks that Delia clip annoys Norwich fans but in reality, we find it hilarious :p

I'm glad you likes the ground though. It's a great stadium and there's plans to renovate the stand opposite to where the away fans sit so we can increase capacity further... Like I said, visit on any league match (the place will be full) and then you won't be disappointed! :)

Pft, it'll be close as to whether we stay up or not but I wouldn't put us as relegation favourites! Just like right now I wouldn't put you guys close to promotion either ;)

Mate, we've got the most clueless manager in the football league, the Libyan national team are more likely to win League 1 than we are. :p

And yeah, I'm a fan of old grounds with history, and yours has a nice feel about it, sort of like Hillsborough and Goodison Park do, among other old grounds.

Haha good luck then... Looks like you'll need it! We've played there 75+ years and it's grown with the club so it's a nice little place tbh. Could do with being bigger though ;)

Only slight negativity about your guys would be the small pocket of Scunny fans who walked in the midst of the Norwich fans leaving and chanted and sang all sorts all the way up the road - which to the many young children around could have seemed a bit intimidating.

mrbrightside said:
Only slight negativity about your guys would be the small pocket of Scunny fans who walked in the midst of the Norwich fans leaving and chanted and sang all sorts all the way up the road - which to the many young children around could have seemed a bit intimidating.

I've got a feeling I know who you mean, I've sent you a PM. :)

Apparently we've accepted a £3m bid from Bolton for Jay Spearing.

No idea how we've convinced them he's worth that much!

And Goodison has a historic feel about it because it's made of wood. ;)

Blaze said:

So is Grand National, and that's the best coaster at PBB. ;)

Why all the wood hate? :p

Adz95 said:
Blaze said:
Apparently we've accepted a £3m bid from Bolton for Jay Spearing.

No idea how we've convinced them he's worth that much!

I have to agree there, I thought we'd nab him online since it's the few good that Coyle does. Yes he's a English Muamba replacement but needs match experience and a loan with permanent view would of been more costworthy. Enjoy your 3 million while Coyle is still in love with you, clueless Coyle is in love with Gartside to so he'll never be sacked and you'll have more money to spend on marquee players. Congrats.

Adz95 said:
Blaze said:

So is Grand National, and that's the best coaster at PBB. ;)

Why all the wood hate? :p

My aching sides beg to differ.

I don't rate Spearing much to be honest, he's not bad and does have a passion but he is rash, goes in too keenly and I'd say always runs the risk of a sending off. Good price for him.

I was amazed when I realised his age. Selling him is the best thing we can do, he's clearly not good enough, he never became the player he was meant to, whether this is because of how few chances he got under Benitez or not we'll never know.

I presume everyone will be watching the UEFA Super Cup on Friday? :p

Will be the first Chelsea game I see live after missing 3 due to being on holiday - Hazard seems to have done very well in his first few games, winning a couple of penalties and grabbing a couple of great assists and a goal.

I enjoyed the game at Woodison tonight, and we played very well. Mirallas looks like a quality signing and I honestly think that if we sign a decent holding midfielder we can challenge for the top 6 if we play like this all season, although I'm sure fans of the club the other side of Stanley Park will no doubt disagree. ;)

Heard Carroll has been excluded from the team tonight. Hope it's not true. Hope he plays. Hope he scores a belting header in front of the Kop for me.

It's the first European game I've been to for a few years, so hopefully he puts a decent side out.

The Champions League group stage draw has just taken place.

Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier.

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga.

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund.

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland.

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov.

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic.

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj.

Five words: Good luck to Manchester City. :p

City got the group of death, but the other English clubs all seem to have easy-ish groups. Barca must be laughing though.

Group D's definitely going to be the one to watch. After what happened last year, I hope that United don't get too complacent, seeing as they've got what seems like a relatively easy group again. Braga could be the biggest challenge, but Galatasaray and Cluj shouldn't be too much of a problem. It's certainly going to be interesting to see what happens, especially as the current English, Spanish, German and Dutch champions are in the same group!

Typical United, getting an easy group...

Seems a bit harsh of the draw to have placed (as Jon says) 4 respective league champions within one group... Makes the title of 'Champions League' certainly ring true for the group stage anyway!