• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

mrbrightside said:
Typical United, getting an easy group...

Seems a bit harsh of the draw to have placed (as Jon says) 4 respective league champions within one group... Makes the title of 'Champions League' certainly ring true for the group stage anyway!

Dortmund, as proven last year, aren't the same in the CL as they are in their own league. Certainly they aren't at all comparable with Bayern who seem to do better in Europe. Also they've lost their best player in Kagawa since last year. Ajax are also no competition for City, they would finish at best 7th or 8th our league.

The Psychoaster said:
mrbrightside said:

Seems a bit harsh of the draw to have placed (as Jon says) 4 respective league champions within one group... Makes the title of 'Champions League' certainly ring true for the group stage anyway!
. Also they've lost their best player in Kagawa since last year.

From someone who watches the German League fairly often, Mario Gotze is twice the player for Dortmund that Kagawa was mate. ;)

Adam said:
The Psychoaster said:
mrbrightside said:

. Also they've lost their best player in Kagawa since last year.

From someone who watches the German League fairly often, Mario Gotze is twice the player for Dortmund that Kagawa was mate. ;)

Perhaps more effective would have been better wording. Kagawa was Player of the Year last year and got 17 goals and 10 assists throughout the season whereas Gotze got 7 goals 8 assists.

Maybe Kagawa gets more assists, but Gotze's got beautiful technique and is always the first player I sign on FM when I'm Man City or PSG. :p

Stelios said:
Adz95 said:
Blaze said:
Apparently we've accepted a £3m bid from Bolton for Jay Spearing.

No idea how we've convinced them he's worth that much!

I have to agree there, I thought we'd nab him online since it's the few good that Coyle does. Yes he's a English Muamba replacement but needs match experience and a loan with permanent view would of been more costworthy. Enjoy your 3 million while Coyle is still in love with you, clueless Coyle is in love with Gartside to so he'll never be sacked and you'll have more money to spend on marquee players. Congrats.

Adz95 said:
Blaze said:
And Goodison has a historic feel about it because it's made of wood. ;)

So is Grand National, and that's the best coaster at PBB. ;)

Why all the wood hate? :p

My aching sides beg to differ.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19429226

That's what I thought. Good Coyle.

Owen to Brighton to join Heskey is my hopeful deal!

great signing by southampton in ramirez, and good business with QPR to. I can really see the usual mid table teams of villa, fulham and stoke struggling this year

Pay £35m for a mostly untested forward.
Refuse to pay more than about 10% of that for a proven goal scorer.
Loan out said unproven striker for a year without getting a replacement.

Liverpool logic.

Rumours are currently going around on Twitter that Didier Drogba has been released by Shanghai Shenhua. Rather odd when he's only been there for a few months...

Jonathan said:
Rumours are currently going around on Twitter that Didier Drogba has been released by Shanghai Shenhua. Rather odd when he's only been there for a few months...

I believe they've gone bankrupt so are shedding their biggest financial burden. i.e. Drogba's payslip.

Palace have finally won their first game of the season and we're no longer bottom of the table! Now 23rd in the Championship. We won thanks to 2 goals from FFS Murray ;D

COME ON YOU EAGLES!