• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

...and it wasn't a goal, so it wasn't a wondergoal.
It looked like a perfectly good goal to a Scotland fan, but it wasn't for two reasons, take your pick...foul or offside.
Perhaps, as most unbiased observers seem to agree, the better team controlled the match, held possession, and won.

...and it wasn't a goal, so it wasn't a wondergoal.
It looked like a perfectly good goal to a Scotland fan, but it wasn't for two reasons, take your pick...foul or offside.
Perhaps, as most unbiased observers seem to agree, the better team controlled the match, held possession, and won.

Ahhh... Rob I feel that you are just trying to garner a reaction now.... and i guess its working :laughing:. There are plenty pundits out there who are struggling to agree with the goal being disallowed- the English gents on TalkSport last night to name two.

Also, as a side, I am not disagreeing that going by the stats Spain deserved to win. But football isn't a game won on Stats, and if that goal stood, who knows what the end result would have been.

Look - I also live in Lancashire, so if you would like to grab a beer and I can repededly show you the clip, explain repeatedly why it should have stood and ultimately just wear you down... I'd be up for that! Haha.

On a side note though, some great points have been raised regarding the use of both VAR and also the interpretation of the rules. The indecision about whether the goal should have stood clearly shows that the rules are too vague. Another great point was raised on 5Live [I think]: when the ball went in a Spanish defender stood behind a Scottish attacker had his entire arm across his chest. If being in the eye-line of the keeper results in a foul, why not that incident?

...given the Tartan Army's record for good behaviour is unprecedented.
I remember the Wembley crossbar...
... I would state the fact a goad is ruled off for a foul ...
I do the goading round here...

All done in good sport my friends, I'm available for footie arguments with the Tartan Army in Crevettes in all the Scottish holiday periods.
The old enemy is always good for the beer thirst.

I remember the Wembley crossbar...
TBF, that was a time when the Scottish supporters were a bunch of mean bastards in those days much like their England counterparts, only after 1978 in which you see the more modern Tartan Army start to change in order to try and look and behave different from the English.

Only recently I've noticed since Euro 2020(1) in which the modern Scottish supporters have broken all rules to travel to Wembley when told not too have started to turn a little bit more which if unchecked might see some changes to the fan base going forward though perhaps not in a good way.

Double Post but...

GERMANY HERE WE COME!!!

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Last edited:
Crikey I didn't realise how bad things have gone at Wednesday
Have to say I find it rather insulting for someone worth £520 million to ask working class people to give him £2 million to pay off a debt.

As expected, it appears Saudi is going to be the only bidder for the 2034 World Cup. Unsurprising of course but still incredibly disappointing.

All the same calendar disruption of 2022 and even worse issues around human rights. Yippee.

As expected, it appears Saudi is going to be the only bidder for the 2034 World Cup. Unsurprising of course but still incredibly disappointing.

All the same calendar disruption of 2022 and even worse issues around human rights. Yippee.
As I just said on Discord, I have no regrets about boycotting Qatar 2022. I’ll do the same for Saudi. What I find frustrating is how it’s so easy to see how FIFA have engineered it so 2034 can only be hosted by a country that’s part of the Asian Football Confederation.

As I just said on Discord, I have no regrets about boycotting Qatar 2022. I’ll do the same for Saudi. What I find frustrating is how it’s so easy to see how FIFA have engineered it so 2034 can only be hosted by a country that’s part of the Asian Football Confederation.

Shows how FIFA is no cleaner now than when Sepp Blatter was in charge

Shows how FIFA is no cleaner now than when Sepp Blatter was in charge
Not to say he wasn’t corrupt, but according to the FIFA corruption documentary on Netflix he actually advocated against Qatar when he was president.

The entire organisation is so messed up from top to bottom it’s almost comical.

Not to say he wasn’t corrupt, but according to the FIFA corruption documentary on Netflix he actually advocated against Qatar when he was president.

The entire organisation is so messed up from top to bottom it’s almost comical.
When Qatar were given hosting rights for 2022, I strongly suspected some dodgy stuff was going on.

Double post but meh.

I'm talking about 2 specific managers. Kompany and Arteta.

After the great VAR debacle in the spurs Liverpool game. Liverpool called for a review on how VAR works and how the PGMOL is held accountable. As per, nothing significant happened. Howard Webb was asked some piss weak questions by Micheal Owen and they did the token "let's move some refs down to championship for a week"

Now Vinnie and the blue nose arsenal manager were asked about incident. The response. "They should just get on with it everyone makes mistakes!!" Guess what lads, yes they do. Your passive comments about VAR back then has really bitten you on the arse now. Both have sat in front the press. Crying a river over the VAR decisions in games. Here's the the things lads, you had a chance to get behind a side wanting a full review in how the PGMOL and VAR works. You didn't back it. You decided to brush it off because in the Lego headed gunner manager case, it helped arsenal in the long run.

This is how they have got away with it for so long. They know clubs in PL will never really against them, because a poor VAR check will benefit the other sides not involved.

What VAR decision went against Kompany?

That Spurs Chelsea game last night was hilarious. The levels of nonsense that it brought won't be topped for a while.

What VAR decision went against Kompany?

That Spurs Chelsea game last night was hilarious. The levels of nonsense that it brought won't be topped for a while.

He had a big cry last week. After the Bournemouth loss.

The fact that it happened to spurs is also Karma.

Ah thought you meant this weekend gone.

It nearly let Spurs off initially as well with the first Udogie (I was 50/50 on that one) and Romero incidents. Everything else though was correctly done though.

Arteta and arsenal are just making an arse of themselves now. They had a chance to back another clubs stance against poor VAR. Really does seem like "that decision cost them points, get on with it." If it cost me "I'm sick" naaa lad.

Arteta has always been a whining so and so, really can't stand him.

The Arsenal complaints have been hilarious, the Newcastle goal was given by the ref.
VAR then checked 3 issues, couldn't prove the ball went out so it stayed on field decision, the 'foul' was subjective so again stayed as given, and the offside couldn't be proven.

The worst decision of the game was the ref not being told to check the Kai Havertz challenge.