• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Yeah, the Glazers havn't been the main problem. It's the money that has been wasted on players in recent times. The club has still spent an absolute load of money. The main thing you can accuse the Glazers of is being businessmen and not ploughing their own personal fortune into the club like Abramovich and the Man City owner. In other words, United fans want their own major sugar daddy now that the other clubs with sugar daddies are getting better over the years.

Spent £70m odd on Mason Mount wasn't it?

Plus £80m on alleged woman beater Antony.

Got used to Ferguson getting far more out of bang average players over the years like Wes Brown and John O'Shea, so it's often a shock that these high value players don't perform to those who are used to Fifa and the like.

Looking stern on the touchline as your team collapse is a recent trend I've noticed. Doesn't appear to work much.

Notice though how it was VARs fault again.

I just don't think he has a strong enough character for that dressing room. You can pat him on the back for how he got Ronaldo out of the club. He should never have walked back through the door. But his treatment of Sancho is appalling. Forcing him to train with junior sides. Must be the under 16's he's with, as he has to get changed in a locked changing room away from them.. Which says to me, he's having to do that for safe guarding reasons. Making him eat away from the squad, from a lunch box aswell. This is a Sancho that had a break last season because of mental health stuff makes you wonder.

Not happy with getting Sancho out he seems to have turned on rashford now. I would hazard a very strong guess Rashford is beginning to call him out on his bull shit.

He's wasted money on poor players and has lost out on the likes of Gakpo and Gravenberch to Liverpool. I wonder if VVD has heard of how Ten Hag is around the gaff and gone "don't go there."

He looks like a man waiting for a pay out now.

But, the owners can be criticized. Reported £300million still owed to clubs for transfers. Kit not fitting players and of course the roof leaking. Something is very wrong at that club. And it's fucking glorious.

VAR is having an absolute shocker at the moment, but it being at Liverpool's expense last night was highly amusing. As was Klopp's press conference with all the Toulouse fans celebrating seemingly just outside the door!

The lack of VAR is one of the most enjoyable things about being in the Championship this season. Fully expecting a clanger at some point, but that's football.

Dread to think how bad VAR would be in the Championship. The Premier League is the most viewed in the world and they still manage to embarrass themselves every week.

Again though it's the people, not the technology. Works well in other leagues.

A lot of it comes down to arrogance with our refs. Mike Dean "not wanting to put his mate in a difficult situation" being a prime example. He let his ego override the technology. And now Sky actually employ that bellend to speak with authority on referee decisions 🤮

Sick of it. Fortunately my Chelsea season ticket is pretty good value compared to other clubs, the price has been frozen for about 15 years. Otherwise I think I'd pack it in.

On a brighter note off to Old Trafford tomorrow with my Luton mate which has the potential to be hilarious. Luton could genuinely win.

I genuinely don't understand the handball rule now.

Liverpools goal disallowed last night even though play continued and multiple players took possession afterwards.

The day before the penalties Copenhagen and Manchester United got for handball.

Back on Sunday a header strikes a Luton player clearly on the arm when it was going to another Liverpool player. Luton then break and score. That handball isn't given.

Don't think anyone understands it these days.

Neither the Luton on Sunday nor Liverpool yesterday were handballs in my opinion.

Everton have been given a 10 point deduction for breach of profit and sustainability rules. Everton will be appealing the decision. Seeing as Everton stayed up at our (Leicester) expense last season (despite us being god awful and deserving relegation), it will be interesting to see if we seek some form of compensation. It had previously been reported that we may sue Everton for £100m if they were found to be guilty.

Man City and Chelsea the next to be done, let's see how that all turns out.

I'd hope that City get the book thrown at them, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a United fan. The breaches City have been accused of are huge, and they surely can't be allowed to get away with them.

Seeing as Everton stayed up at our (Leicester) expense last season (despite us being god awful and deserving relegation), it will be interesting to see if we seek some form of compensation. It had previously been reported that we may sue Everton for £100m if they were found to be guilty.
I hope Leicester do sue them. It's only fair when you look at the circumstances. Also, back in 2007 West Ham got done for dodgy deals to sign Teves and Mascherano and were found guilty and fined £5.5 million. Obviously a very serious charge. Crucially though, they were not docked even a single point and instead Sheff Utd got relegated on goal difference. Also crucially, the two players were allowed to finish playing the season and Teves scored crucial goals to keep them up. Hope their lawyers are looking at this decision and comparing the punishments...

Also, remember a couple of years back when the big 6 tried to join that European Superleague thing and weren't even docked any points? Tells you a lot really doesn't it?

Last edited:
Also, remember a couple of years back when the big 6 tried to join that European Superleague thing and weren't even docked any points? Tells you a lot really doesn't it?

That was never going to happen. I went to elland road during lock down to protest Liverpool's interest in that. Supporter power and all that.

Personally, I don't see what compensation thing will achieve. Sound you've lost out on some TV revenue. When will it stop? Every club that's ever been relegated can point to a dodgy decision. Every time Sheffield United go down it's someone else's fault it seems.

But, they did get a huge financial boost in parachute payments. Aswell

Our main gripe is that this should have been dealt with last year, and a points deduction then would have meant Everton were relegated and we would have stayed up.

It appears that ourselves, Leeds and Burnley are working together in a plan to sue Everton for £300m in total. It will no doubt get very messy, but I certainly hope that we do fully explore and push for it as much as we are able to.

Everton are so lucky to get this points deduction in a season where the 3 promoted clubs are completely useless and therefore they will likely stay up regardless.

The issue I have with that is. Although the blue shites have broken the rules, it's not their fault the FA have taken so long to dish out the punishment, they were investigated ages ago. If the 3 clubs are successful. Then what? where does it stop? Like people have said city and Chelsea are very rocky ground. Only thing keeping city out trouble at the mo is the oil money affording a big team of lawyers.

I Can see why Leicester can argue the case that they stay up. Leeds and Southampton have nothing. With a 10 point deduction, Everton finish second from bottom above southampton Leeds still go down. What leg do they have in that arguments?

Our main gripe is that this should have been dealt with last year, and a points deduction then would have meant Everton were relegated and we would have stayed up.

It appears that ourselves, Leeds and Burnley are working together in a plan to sue Everton for £300m in total. It will no doubt get very messy, but I certainly hope that we do fully explore and push for it as much as we are able to.

Everton are so lucky to get this points deduction in a season where the 3 promoted clubs are completely useless and therefore they will likely stay up regardless.

Its like a couple of years ago, Derby County should have been deducted points before the end of the season, it caused Wednesday to go down. The process should take 30 days to complete regardless of what league your in