• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Tom said:
Moley said:
Adam said:
RAWK is by a distance the biggest collection of deluded, conspiracy theorist morons outside of the creators of Loose Change.

Then why do you vist there? I'm guessing it's just to cause a stir - or 'banter' as many football fans like to call it.

I don't luckily, I get to read their deluded rants on other message boards where people repost them to laugh at them. Andy @ Allerton is a particular favourite, if he's expecting a delivery at home between 1-3 and it comes at half 4 it is down to Mr Ferguson & The FA.

You have to remember that the majority of people that support the top Premiership clubs (and Liverpool) have never actually been to a game live and moan more than the ones that have.

Ah RAWK.

Most Liverpool fans think RAWK's even funnier that you all do.

Christ, Samuel is a prize idiot. His crush on Terry makes uncomfortable reading. Of course, Captain hero Leader John Terry the Lionheart could never do anything wrong ever, and it's preposterous anyone could ever think bad of him, and shame on the FA for putting him through the same sort of hearing Suarez had, Terry isn't a foreigner, he obviously is innocent!

Blaze said:
Ah RAWK.

Most Liverpool fans think RAWK's even funnier that you all do.

Christ, Samuel is a prize idiot. His crush on Terry makes uncomfortable reading. Of course, Captain hero Leader John Terry the Lionheart could never do anything wrong ever, and it's preposterous anyone could ever think bad of him, and shame on the FA for putting him through the same sort of hearing Suarez had, Terry isn't a foreigner, he obviously is innocent!

He just tells it as it is - how can you defend a court that has a 99.5% conviction rate? It's like something out of Salem 1692!

Well he strongly supported it when it was Johnny Foreigner in the dock. The conviction rate and low standards of evidence were fine back then, but for Terry, it's different.

Blaze said:
Well he strongly supported it when it was Johnny Foreigner in the dock. The conviction rate and low standards of evidence were fine back then, but for Terry, it's different.

The Suarez case should have been decided in civil court not in the kangaroo FA shambles. The same process by which bad tackle ban durations are decided should not be used to decide huge cases upon which rest players' reputations and careers.

I might actually have to go on RAWK this afternoon just so I don't miss anything.

Now, where is the popcorn?

I disagree with the Fa's decision, i don't like terry, but i disagree with the Fa deciding to Punish someone who got proven Innocent in a court of law.

Four games for saying "****ing black ****" in English on camera.

Eight games for allegedly saying "negro" in Spanish ten times/five times/twice/once.

Interesting.

His ban should have been eight games. If the courts said there wasn't enough evidence for a proper conviction, then it was just Ferdinand's word against Terry's, as was Evra's word against Suarez's. Either he's innocent and gets no ban or he's guilty and gets the same ban.

Blaze said:
Four games for saying "****ing black ****" in English on camera.

Eight games for allegedly saying "negro" in Spanish ten times/five times/twice/once.

Interesting.

His ban should have been eight games. If the courts said there wasn't enough evidence for a proper conviction, then it was just Ferdinand's word against Terry's, as was Evra's word against Suarez's. Either he's innocent and gets no ban or he's guilty and gets the same ban.

Unfortunately for Suarez his word agreed with Evra's when he admitted to saying it. The FA in banning Suarez cited the number of times it was said as a clear indication (along with the pinch) that he was trying to provoke Evra. I know if I repeatedly say something insulting that is getting a reaction from somebody I'm trying to provoke them into retaliation or put them off whatever it is they are doing.

As far as we know (the report hasn't been released yet) Terry said it once. While I agree the difference in games is too much, there is a definite case for Terry to get less of a punishment considering the number of times the phrase was used.

just read a very interesting article on Tom Cleverley, who in my eyes is one of if not the most promising player England have. Whats your thoughts

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -progress-

Also, slowly but surely we really do have some great talent coming through! The Liverpool trio of Sterling, Shelvey and Ibe look promising, as do a no. of players at big clubs. Lets hope the PL make it law that you have to include a certain no. of home grown players in your matchday squad

Cleverley is decent but hyped up beyond his potential in my eyes. Like the article points out he is 23 now and still treated with oven mitts and excused his misgivings as a youngster. At 21 Gerrard was already the focal point of an England midfield that beat Germany 5-1. Jack Wilshere is 3 years younger, more experienced (despite missing a full season to injury), technically far superior and on evidence more suited to the big stage (Barcelona @ the Emirates).

He'll be a decent squad player for United or a good signing for Everton/Newcastle/Spurs but will remain on the periphery of the England first XI I feel.

Steve Kean's apparently been forced to resign from his post as manager of Blackburn Rovers, according to BBC Sport's Twitter feed.

Jonathan said:
Steve Kean's apparently been forced to resign from his post as manager of Blackburn Rovers, according to BBC Sport's Twitter feed.

Blackburn fans must be in tears after finding that out tbh. :(

I doubt that this will end well, if the rumours are proven to be true, and seeing as the news came from the BBC, I don't feel I have much of a reason to doubt it.

Jonathan said:

This is why I'm happy to be a Bolton fan however crap we are... "at least we're not Blackburn" works every time!

Venky's are more clueless than Coyle!

Stelios said:
Jonathan said:

This is why I'm happy to be a Bolton fan however crap we are... "at least we're not Blackburn" works every time!

Venky's are more clueless than Coyle!

Shame that you're 14th and Blackburn are 3rd ;)