• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Bloody Wednesday is all I can say. Lost SIX nil against Ipswitch yesterday
We must win our next couple of games somehow or it'll almost certainly be relegation for us.
Luckily this week's other results went ok . It was always going to be a bonus getting anything from the last two games, but they are still in touch .

Stoke , Blackburn , QPR and Swansea are the key games. Win 3 of those and I think they will stay up. Big ask after a 6 nill drubbing but it's not over yet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Well only four matches (of ten) actually happened due to the FA Cup and the matches that did happen were mostly between lower teams who FPL players generally don't have in their squad. (Tottenham did play but they were garbage).

What do we all think about this external body coming in?

If it's given the right amount of powers it could be a massive boost to the English game. Hopefully stop the PL greed

First step is to ban all the clubs who tried to create the Super League ;)

It can only be a good thing. Look at what's happening with Reading right now and tell me that English football can govern itself. Let alone all the other clubs who have fallen to the wayside and close to folding due to dodgy ownership.

Maybe a similar setup to La Liga wherein they work out your maximum allowed budget centrally? Lots of work to do to make it fit.

Need to stop clubs over spending and states owning clubs.

This worrying trend of multi club ownership. I see Liverpool are looking to dabble which I can't see going down well in the fanbase.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm a fan of multi club ownership but sadly Fifa and Uefa aren't going to do anything about it at this point so it sadly becomes a case of needing to join in with it or get left behind.

Already confused by it all as Redbird Capital who bought 10% of FSG (who own Liverpool) in fact own AC Milan and Toulouse.

Would love the idea of the regulator looking at things that would help fans like ticket pricing, kick off times, public transport to games, fa cup semi finals at Wembley, and the ever increasing number of subscriptions needed to watch Football. But I'm not holding my breathe.

Not this season but the way things are going I could well be next season 🤦‍♂️

I find it weird how both Sheffield sides managed to get promoted and be so bad.

Wednesday rode there luck in the playoffs. Peterborough decided not to attack whilst not defending at the same time. Whilst the final was handed to them by a very dubious red card.

And as for united. Jesus. You really can get promoted too early. Hecky is a good coach, like Warnock falls to pieces after a promotion, and the master stroke of bringing wilder back. Despite failing at every job he's had since he first left. Reeks of "cheap local lad gets job." Burnley came up with such a smugness, had that wiped off their faces because it turns out, loaning players from your ex employer and over relying on them is not the best tactic. At least Luton look to have some fight. These 3 must be the worst sides to get promoted at once. But, those lovely parachute payments will come in handy.

The only thing that will keep any of them up, is the fact that forest are so bad tactically both on and off the field.

Last edited:
Luton are the only promoted side to not lose to Palace this season, hence deserve to stay up.

Would be a shame if they stayed up due to other teams getting deducted points rather than by own merit though.

Luton have been punching above their weight tbf. Their squad is mid table championship standard but they seem to get results through sheer willpower and spirit. Unfortunately they've had no luck with injuries in recent weeks and look nailed on to go down with their upcoming fixtures.

There's not enough panic, broken things, swearing or looking for camera/electrical tape for that to be realistic.