• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

All he has to do is blow a whistle and count down from 3 every so often.
And reprimand the Gladiators for rule-breaking. There was an incident during The Ring on last weekend's episode where a gladiator (Viper) held down a contender by the neck and wouldn't let go. One of the assistant refs had to physically try to pull them off the contender, and Mark stopped the game and gave them an official warning before restarting it.

Yes some of it is probably staged but that definitely was not. It was incredibly dangerous and reckless and the poor contender looked genuinely terrified.

Also keep in mind that each hour long episode takes 8 hours to film. They all must have been exhausted! I was when I was in the audience and I was sat down for most of it.

Edit: Sorry for going way off topic

Last edited:
And reprimand the Gladiators for rule-breaking. There was an incident during The Ring on last weekend's episode where a gladiator (Viper) held down a contender by the neck and wouldn't let go. One of the assistant refs had to physically try to pull them off the contender, and Mark stopped the game and gave them an official warning before restarting it.

Yes some of it is probably staged but that definitely was not. It was incredibly dangerous and reckless and the poor contender looked genuinely terrified.

Also keep in mind that each hour long episode takes 8 hours to film. They all must have been exhausted! I was when I was in the audience and I was sat down for most of it.

Edit: Sorry for going way off topic

All that viper does is cheat........very badly.

All that viper does is cheat........very badly.
He does indeed, I do wonder if he deliberately breaks the rules just to be "the bad guy". There's no way that the producers would encourage rule breaking though. Yeah it is entertaining but there is a line. The rules are there for a reason.

He does indeed, I do wonder if he deliberately breaks the rules just to be "the bad guy". There's no way that the producers would encourage rule breaking though. Yeah it is entertaining but there is a line. The rules are there for a reason.

Yes they would and yes it can be staged. It's TV, having been the other end of the camera it can be set how you want.

What does he do as a referee advisor?

Despite being outplayed by Dunfermline, we're 2-0 up in the Fife Derby! Pure s***housery at its best.

Wonder if after the days of complaining about a ref getting a drop ball slightly wrong we'll get the same analysis of refs and var thinking kung fu kicks into the chest are a completely cromulent way of defending.

Wonder if after the days of complaining about a ref getting a drop ball slightly wrong we'll get the same analysis of refs and var thinking kung fu kicks into the chest are a completely cromulent way of defending.

Naaaa mate. As with the spurs game we will be told to respect the decision and move on. Like the rest of football always does.

Plus we dont have a clattenburg to cry to the PGMOL for us. What kind of a club, highers a former ref to "advise" them.

That should defo have been a peno for Liverpool. You can't challenge for the ball like that, even if you get a touch on it. You end up following through and hit the opposition player and it's a foul. Therefore, a penalty.

All the big clubs will have their own adviser refs by the end of the year, along with a KC to argue their case.
Many clubs will already have both already, but not publicly announced them.
The only difference is, they will only be on about 10% of a footballers wages.
Money money money, it is what the game is all about now.

All the big clubs will have their own adviser refs by the end of the year, along with a KC to argue their case.
Many clubs will already have both already, but not publicly announced them.
The only difference is, they will only be on about 10% of a footballers wages.
Money money money, it is what the game is all about now.

Citeh already have a lawyer that's paid as well as KDB, just to get the UEFA ban and to make the 115 charges disappear. Plus an entire state with oil pressuring our government to not take action. So it's rumoured.

One of those decisions that would have a negative response either way it went. You'd have had a lot of pundits going on about how it wasn't a foul and the game is becoming soft if a penalty had been given.

Few years ago Palace were the right side of such a decision for a high boot resulting in a disallowed goal when the defender had stooped to get a header in then got kicked in the mush as a result. Won the game but definitely was a poor decision from the ref as what else is the player going to do?

What helped Doku was that it was a clear attempt at clearing the ball (sightlines etc.), which presumably led to the alleged official VAR decision of an "unavoidable coming together".

Maybe rather than a penalty bring back the indirect free kicks in the box for such incidents? I miss those.

Been far worse VAR disasters in the league this season. Apparently even in the other game's yesterday (but weren't on TV so no one saw them). Still think it's the "offside" goal or the Onana against Wolves that have been standouts.

This weekend is looking good for free football, all four FA Cup quarter finals are on BBC1 or ITV1 and there's WSL on BBC2. Oh and you Scots have an SWPL Old Firm on BBC Alba.

Bit late to the party here but I'm going to try and do weekly updates to the Towers Street FPL league some of us joined earlier in the year.

GW 28 saw a Mist Rollin In take the spot for first place!

Attachments

• IMG_6351.jpeg
    IMG_6351.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 15
For anyone looking for FREE football on TV tonight, it's Partick Thistle versus Raith Rovers on BBC Scotland this evening (You'll find it on Iplayer). Earlier this year, when we played Partick at Starks Park it was one of the most entertaining games I have ever witnessed (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67586081)
Crapbarn of a match, but we got the result keeps us in the title race!