• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

With the greatest of respect my tartan friend...I understand you are in Blackpool as part of the annual invasion.
How on earth are you still capable of operating an electronic device, at that late hour, in Blackpool.
You aren't drinking hard enough.
Disgrace to your race.
I can drink an operate a electronic device ya dafty after drinking a lot, have to for my race.

Oddly, Blackpool was rather quiet at full time for celebrations with only a handful of people celebrating. Proves my point that Blackpool is more Scottish than English.

This week and next, you are probably right.
The mindless fools of the Lancashire and yorkshire mill towns then take over for the summer.
I have now managed to watch yesterdays match...a fine example of how to scrape through a championships and into a final...just.

Still seems massively early but spent the past week sorting out my tickets for champions league, league cup, and fa cup home games for the coming season. Entered the league game ballot a few weeks ago and now get to buy a few tickets next week.

Still seems massively early but spent the past week sorting out my tickets for champions league, league cup, and fa cup home games for the coming season. Entered the league game ballot a few weeks ago and now get to buy a few tickets next week.

I had the 6 month panic from me da other week. The members sale had begun

Oh God, is this perhaps one of the most xenophobic front pages you've seen?
1000017100.jpg
Yes, this is an actual front page that is praying for Spain to beat England while playing up some negative stereotypes that is up there with the infamous 'Achtung!' Headline that the Daily Mirror did for Euro 96.

I know some will say this is just banter but Jesus, this is going too far that honestly might backfire that only Southgate needs go do is have this front pages stuck up in the dressing room tomorrow and it'll just encourage England to win. And to add to this, this front page and it's obvious anti-English sentiment would fall under Scotland's stupid hate speech laws.

Oh God, is this perhaps one of the most xenophobic front pages you've seen?
1000017100.jpg
Yes, this is an actual front page that is praying for Spain to beat England while playing up some negative stereotypes that is up there with the infamous 'Achtung!' Headline that the Daily Mirror did for Euro 96.

I know some will say this is just banter but Jesus, this is going too far that honestly might backfire that only Southgate needs go do is have this front pages stuck up in the dressing room tomorrow and it'll just encourage England to win. And to add to this, this front page and it's obvious anti-English sentiment would fall under Scotland's stupid hate speech laws.

Why is it too far?

I don't find it offensive but it comes across very 'tory'. Even so, the message could apply to the Scottish working class as well as the English.

It's clearly a joke, and read the title and slogan of the paper maybe for context?

Scotland: feel free to lobby for a UK national team any time you like if you wish to go further in a tournament. We will hand pick the one or two of your players we need!

I don't find it offensive but it comes across very 'tory'. Even so, the message could apply to the Scottish working class as well as the English.
For the Scottish, it would read all alcohol - not just beer.

Why is it too far?
Can be seen as rather offensive from an England perspective but from a Scottish perspective it can be rather petty and seen as just small minded.
It is ironic that it does applies to the Scots but it does seem that they are trying to play against a narrative to try and look good but it does come off as blatant lies.

Just seems an unnecessary front page when you could've easily just put Come on Spain or some clever wordplay on the front page.

Does seem bizarre the English press need to ask politicians and celebrities in Wales and Scotland if they're backing the England national time at every opportunity though.

There is quite a large amount of anti tourist feeling in Spain as it is.
We Brits, especially the young, tend to be regarded as the poorly behaved lowest order.
Chuck in a bit of footie jingoism, and post brexit general hate, and I would say the level isn't too far out.

But I was raised with the Blackburn/Burnley hatred in my blood.

Reactions: Tom
Can be seen as rather offensive from an England perspective but from a Scottish perspective it can be rather petty and seen as just small minded.

I'll put it to this way.

In Berlin right now are thousands and thousands of English supporter's. Some are behaving themselves. Currently some is giving a nazi salute. Singing about German bombers. Tomorrow, they will descend on a stadium built in 1936 by the Nazi's. Celebrating a war that ended 79 years ago. I doubt that won't be sang about in anyway shape or form. Plus we have the Spanish tourist situation. How dare the Spanish do this.BREXIT.

If the final from 3 years ago showed us anything is English supporters will literally tear down walls and barriers to get into a stadium. Fireworks will be up some arses. Buildings and streets in Berlin will be trashed. At this very second, some of our brave hooligans will be doing something far worse than even that.

I'm I offended by that front page. No, I think it's rather accurate.

Just not brave enough.

That Spanish side was so vulnerable to a Watkins or Bowen up front running channels and getting in behind. Instead they all had Harry Kanes wax work to mark.

Well then, this England team become this generation's answer for the 1970s Dutch side; back to back finals yet win nothing.

And Scotland managed to beat Spain remember!

Just not brave enough.

That Spanish side was so vulnerable to a Watkins or Bowen up front running channels and getting in behind. Instead they all had Harry Kanes wax work to mark.

The game changed when Watkins came on.
I think the best thing going forward is for Kane to retire. For all he’s done for us he’s now holding this team back. The best way we play is without him.