• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Whomever it is. They need to do one little task. Win the nations league.

I know it's the LDV vans trophy of international tournaments. But at least you are playing and beating the bigger nations. When it comes to proper tournaments, the coach can go " you can do that, go and do it again." Every top coach knows that 1 trophy can be a catalyst. Let's be honest, when it comes to winning things it's 58 years of hurt. Get the monkey off the back.
Unfortunately England got relegated to the 2nd level so they can't even win that. The aim should be to get promoted back into the top level over the coming months.

Unfortunately England got relegated to the 2nd level so they can't even win that. The aim should be to get promoted back into the top level over the coming months.

There's a second tier?

Shows what I know of the Johnstone paint of international

There's a second tier?

Shows what I know of the Johnstone paint of international
There's 4 tiers, hence the league aspect. The teams that finish bottom get relegated and the teams in levels 2-4 who finish first get promoted up a level. The 4 group winners in the top division advance to the finals.

Potter would be a disaster. There's big names in the England squad and he has proven he can't manage big players.

Howe has a lucrative job at Newcastle, why would he leave?

Gerrard/Lampard have done nothing.

Klopp is on sabbatical, he already cancelled it once and I doubt he'd cancel it again unless he's allowed to start in January 2026 or something.

Which leaves Carsley? Or …. Dyche?

I have never understood the myth that is Eddie Howe. He's good in bursts. Think he would be another Southgate. Steady and totally useless when the teams get tough.

Plus, I've always thought he had future Celtic manager written all over him.

Dyche would be amusingly unsuitable. Watching the likes of Bellingham being instructed to play simple, route one ball would be funny.

Nice to be back at Anfield today to see Liverpool run out comfortable winners.

Oddly the last time I visited Anfield was to see Taylor Swift and The Eras Tour, and today it was the start of a new era under Arne Slot.

Nice to be back at Anfield today to see Liverpool run out comfortable winners.

Oddly the last time I visited Anfield was to see Taylor Swift and The Eras Tour, and today it was the start of a new era under Arne Slot.

Some real positives today. Was at the ground myself and was nice for us to 1, not conceed first and 2, just kill the game. What I've been impressed with, so far with slot is the way he has done his homework. Too many times in the past couple of years under klopp was going 2-3 up and still clinging on in the end. No longer in this mad rush to score all the time. That midfield 3 ran the game.

Not happy that the crowd have reverted back to old ways of getting off after 85 mins. For some around me this new way if playing will take some getting used to. Lad behind me tutted at every side pass.

Some real positives today. Was at the ground myself and was nice for us to 1, not conceed first and 2, just kill the game. What I've been impressed with, so far with slot is the way he has done his homework. Too many times in the past couple of years under klopp was going 2-3 up and still clinging on in the end. No longer in this mad rush to score all the time. That midfield 3 ran the game.

Not happy that the crowd have reverted back to old ways of getting off after 85 mins. For some around me this new way if playing will take some getting used to. Lad behind me tutted at every side pass.

Dare I saw it but it appears an evolution has happened. I reckon you could end up being more successful than under Klopp.

Yeah, couldn't believe how it cleared out. Was up in U8 in the main stand which probably didn't help. Had time to spare for my bus home so happily stayed to clap all the Liverpool players off before heading back up to Queens Drive.

Think for on the pitch we've had a tricky two games. Away to a side playing there first Premier League game in over 20 years, then Brentford at Anfield who'll always give a good account of themselves. And we've brushed them both aside with minimal fuss.

Yeah, couldn't believe how it cleared out. Was up in U8 in the main stand which probably didn't help. Had time to spare for my bus home so happily stayed to clap all the Liverpool players off before heading back up to Queens Drive.

Think for on the pitch we've had a tricky two games. Away to a side playing there first Premier League game in over 20 years, then Brentford at Anfield who'll always give a good account of themselves. And we've brushed them both aside with minimal fuss.

I was in the upper kemlyn and it emptied far too quickly. Just like it was pre klopp bollocking that time.