• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

So glad it'll be Swansea v Bradford. Probably the first time in my life that I'm actually looking forward to the League Cup final. :p

In other news, Hazard is now not far behind Joey Barton & Fergie in my "twats of English football" list. Hope he gets lengthy ban for that vile attack tbh. ???

Big congratulations to Swansea! Should be a great final for two teams that have deserved to make it to the final. Not bothered who wins as I like both teams.

Singing Hymns and Arias! Well Done Swansea and Well Done Bradford, from a Crystal Palace fan =)

Edan hazard should get a massive ban for kicking out at the ball boy what a joke to football

http://prntscr.com/q6mw1

I've always thought of chelsea as being a bit of a scummy club, but for them to basically say "Well, Hazard had every right to attack a young lad, and didn't deserve a red card" is bloody disgraceful. If the FA had any balls (not that they do) they'd give the club a points deduction for this pathetic tweet. And Hazard deserves atleast the same length ban Joey Barton got for kicking Aguero at the end of last season imo.

Adam said:
http://prntscr.com/q6mw1

I've always thought of chelsea as being a bit of a scummy club, but for them to basically say "Well, Hazard had every right to attack a young lad, and didn't deserve a red card" is bloody disgraceful. If the FA had any balls (not that they do) they'd give the club a points deduction for this pathetic tweet. And Hazard deserves atleast the same length ban Joey Barton got for kicking Aguero at the end of last season imo.
Totally agree, but hazard should be done for assault.

2qxx8nt.jpg

I'm not saying he should've been kicked, but why didnt the boy just give the ball back? He was milking it a bit. ::)

Both the Ballboy and Hazard are guilty in this situation. The Ballboy was being a cheeky little *Insert insult here* and wasn't being professional as he didn't give the ball back to Hazard. However It was unnecessary for Hazard to kick him, it makes him look very bad and unprofessional of him.

The balloon posted on his Twitter account (@CHARLIEM0RGAN) a few hours earlier he was planning to time waste, I find this hilarious.

Sent from Tapatalk, excuse any mistakes

As has now been said and admitted, both involved parties were wrong. The ball boy was wrong to try and slow down play as he did (although this does happen a lot), the fact he said what he did on Twitter beforehand doesn't help his case. Hazard was very wrong for kicking out like that, I'm sure he was just trying to kick the ball but he was clearly frustrated and I'm sure he now regrets the incident. Chris Foy was spot on in sending him off.

Should be a good final though, I think Swansea will be too good for Bradford though, they play some brilliant football.

:)

A great final. Sick of Premiership vanity so this will be very refreshing.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

If you look at the entire footage of the ballboy incident, Hazard pushes the boy to the ground and then kicks him.

His twitter bio has the phrase 'LAD'. Suddenly I feel less sympathetic.

Obviously, Hazard should be given a lengthy ban.

He's only 5 years younger than Hazard, blatantly time wasted in the final 15 minutes when the opposition needed goals and then feigned injury afterwards to attempt to worsen the situation. In addition he stated prior to the game that he intended to time waste. He deserved all he got.

Seriously saying attacking a kid for holding onto a ball is justified? If you truly think that then I'm sure Joey Barton would like some backup on Twitter, where he seems to be suggesting Hazard should have sparked the kid out at the very least.

After seeing the hazard kicking that ball boy again, I'm taking back my two previous posts that lad should have got kicked

Alastair said:
I won't attempt any argument as it's already been covered, in detail and very well.

Nevin on the Swansea Ball boy

Using Pat Nevin's awfully biased Chelsea opinion to support an arguement ???

So next time Chelsea's ballboys timewaste (or indeed any home teams lot) take their time a player should just go a smack them one because they're frustrated because their team are playing crap? (And Chelsea were being crap)

Football is so up it's arse so often... The fact that some people think Hazard shouldn't have been punished for lashing out is ludricrous to see, when if I did that in a park I'd get done for assault...

Least it brushed over the fact that Chelsea were piss poor for 2 games ::)

Benzin said:
Alastair said:
I won't attempt any argument as it's already been covered, in detail and very well.

Nevin on the Swansea Ball boy

Using Pat Nevin's awfully biased Chelsea opinion to support an arguement ???

So next time Chelsea's ballboys timewaste (or indeed any home teams lot) take their time a player should just go a smack them one because they're frustrated because their team are playing crap? (And Chelsea were being crap)

Football is so up it's arse so often... The fact that some people think Hazard shouldn't have been punished for lashing out is ludricrous to see, when if I did that in a park I'd get done for assault...

Least it brushed over the fact that Chelsea were piss poor for 2 games ::)

He didn't kick the ballboy, he kicked the ball to attempt to get it away from the ballboy who was very blatantly attempting to keep it. How else do you explain the ball rolling left out from under the ballboy who also rolled left?

He made contact with both the ball AND the ballboy...

Instead of trying to kick a ball stuck underneath a body though, he COULD'VE walked away and let the referee add time on for time-wasting at the end of the game...

A rash action led to the approriate punishment, regardless whether he meant to kick the boy or not, it's an idiotic thing he did...