• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Eddie said:
Blaze said:
Modern football.

BBnHqYLCAAEW43b.jpg

Cringeworthy. Stoke Are a scummy club in general ::)
Ohhhh Alton towers local team behave !!!!! :) (there are worse teams)

But kind of sad to see Mario Balotelli leaving the country he is brilliant :)

Our win tonight against Villa was crucial.

Thank God!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Blaze said:
Half and half scarf for an FA Cup replay against a lower league team and a scarf to commemorate a 3-1 win against a barely above average team.

Lol! Why do you care it's a scarf? Better than fans throwing racist, homophobic, xenophobic comments or jokes about death around. I mean if you're summary of "modern football" is really two scarves give it a rest, there are much much bigger issues that need to be sorted first players handling each other in the box which isn't right, diving (something you should know a lot about) and that fact that players can't tackle any more.

And anyway's Liverpool are still perceived to be a relatively and have some really big names in their squad - Gerrard, Reina and Suarez for example who are world class players in their own right.

Half and half scarves are just one of the many problems with modern football.

Not as big a problem as Joey Barton, but a big problem all the same.

I'm not a fan of "half and half" scarves but let's be honest here, they're hardly a problem in modern football. If people see these are a real problem then I dread to think what they would make of actual considerable problems that have implications on the games or sport in general.

:)

I like them - They are mementos of big games but yeah Joey Barton is much worse there is scum for you Eddie! Saying that he's actually a pretty good player.

You LIKE half-and-half scarves?

You LIKE wearing football scarves with a rival team on? Half-and-half scarves go against everything football support is about.

This is offensive.
MK-Dons-v-Colchester-Unit-008.jpg

Blaze said:
You LIKE half-and-half scarves?

You LIKE wearing football scarves with a rival team on? Half-and-half scarves go against everything football support is about.

This is offensive.
MK-Dons-v-Colchester-Unit-008.jpg

I don't see a problem with most of them - The above is an exception obviously but I'm a football fan first and a club supporter second. I don't really care about rivalries.

It's a souvenir and nothing more. I can see why the Wimbledon/MK Dons one wouldn't be popular amongst Wimbledon fans, but in general I don't see how they could be perceived as harmful to the game.

John said:
It's a souvenir and nothing more. I can see why the Wimbledon/MK Dons one wouldn't be popular amongst Wimbledon fans, but in general I don't see how they could be perceived as harmful to the game.

Exactly.

I collected some for Stoke's Europa League matches a few seasons ago - I buy them like programmes to remind me of a particular game.

That franchise:mk scarf is a disgrace. Anyone who thinks that MK deserve to call themselves the Dons knows nothing about real football.

Oh you can't beat football transfer deadline day :)

And would like to show a massive respect to David Beckham for his charity

josht said:
Oh you can't beat football transfer deadline day :)

And would like to show a massive respect to David Beckham for his charity

I know, it's a shame united didn't sign him though. He said he would of gone.

What a guy!

No other shockers yet though :(

Arsene will no doubt pay over the odds for some mediocre player again...

So I support Carnival of Screams, otherwise known as Aston Villa.

What a glorious transfer deadline day. From our now paper thin squad, Dunne gets injured (again), Hutton goes to Spain for a nice holiday, and Warnock signs for Leeds.

Meantime we sign ONE PERSON, a French League 2 player who has promise and at 23, 1 under 21 cap. All players that give it a go at Villa get great support, this lad sounds up for it I wish him well obviously.

Do we actually have, the dumbest owner in history?

I do enjoy transfer deadline day, its exciting, fun and very messy at time.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what Taxes are paid when you buy and sell players? Do you have to pay VAT?

Ian

David Beckham donating his wages to charity made me think that, despite all the greed & money in football, maybe footballers aren't generally as bad as I thought. It made my faith in football grow, albeit only slightly. :)

Then I saw what the massive <profanity> that is Peter Odemwingie did hours before the window shut and that faith was lost. What a pathetic mercenary of a player. Hope WBA fans give him hell for the rest of his career after that. ::)

Transfer Deadline Day is the most over-rated piece of crap ever... Absolute yawn fest yesterday...

Plus, half and half scarves are nice as a souvenir, especially for sommat like an Olympics match or a cup match (indeed, I have one from USA/Canada last year, and the Palace/Utd quarter final in 2011, which I got after the match as a reminder of my first trip to Old Trafford (and THAT goal))...

There are much, MUCH worse things in 'modern' football, like QPR...

I wish we still had the laughing smiley on here, as I would be using it in my description of Nottingham Forest. In replacement: LOL!!!

Rob said:
I wish we still had the laughing smiley on here, as I would be using it in my description of Nottingham Forest. In replacement: LOL!!!

In other news Rob. Coventry actually got near a full house at the Ricoh when they played when they played Crewe last night. They lost 3-0 =P