• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Eddie said:
Rob said:
I wish we still had the laughing smiley on here, as I would be using it in my description of Nottingham Forest. In replacement: LOL!!!

:)

In other news Rob. Coventry actually got near a full house at the Ricoh when they played when they played Crewe last night. They lost 3-0 =P

Yes I was just speaking to my dad about that, couldn't help but chuckle a little that they lost when getting a full house! :p

It's good to be a Fox at the moment! ;D

But better to be a Canary ;)

Anyway... How the hell did England win against Brazil?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Scott said:

It's classic England - I don't know why people are always surprised. We beat Brazil a few years back in a friendly, we beat Spain last year...in a friendly. Get the pattern? When it comes to the major competitions other nations can up their game whereas we can't.

Alastair said:
Scott said:

It's classic England - I don't know why people are always surprised. We beat Brazil a few years back in a friendly, we beat Spain last year...in a friendly. Get the pattern? When it comes to the major competitions other nations can up their game whereas we can't.
Actually, the last time we beat Brazil was apparently in 1990. ;)

Jonathan said:
Alastair said:
Scott said:

Actually, the last time we beat Brazil was apparently in 1990. ;)

Oh yeah, I was thinking of the 1-1 draw a few years ago. For some reason I remember that as an England win :p

Scott said:

Not quite! ;) But please take Zak Whitbread back will you? I beg!! :p

Great result and performance last night from England! Wilshere looked very good which is a big positive for the future.

Hahaha... nah we're alright thanks ;)

Hopefully see you guys in the Prem next year anyway!

Disappointing first half of the first half last night. As they say, last night was certainly a game of two half's.

If Palace can play like they did in the 2nd half for 90 minutes, they will be a very difficult team to beat.

I think the Palace fans did themselves proud last night, all I could hear throughout the match was the Palace fans singing.

The result does not help either team, but 15 games to go, anything can happen.

Changing the Subject, Ian Holloway brought up an interesting point, with the number of Loan players Watford have from Udinese. 9 in total, and no limit to the number that can be used. While it is within the rules, I certainly hope this issue can be removed next season as it does seem a little unfair, and will hamper the development of youth players.

Ian

They are literally using a loophole that the owners (who also own Spain's Granada) used in order to get them [Granada] to the top division...

Fortunately, it would seem that aside from Vydra, Watford are a bit crap, and had no real answer to Palace in the second half... Just need to transfer the second half to the first half now and end up being 5-0 up by half time...

Watford fan alert, we where awfull in the 2nd half yesterday, our midfield collapsed and why Zola doesn't make changes much earlier I don't understand. I do however say that Vydra is not the only good player on the team and that Watford are currently playing the best football that has been seen at Vicarage Road for many years. We are playing much better than are promotion season 2005/6.I don have to credit Palace for great resilience and play in the 2nd half, although the 5 or 6 flares the fans set off where completely unnecessary.

Not a half-half scarf, jester hat, full kit, onesie, national flag with initials or 'location - fan nickname' in sight.

Beautiful.

BDBEjvhCEAEDVzI.jpg:large

I loved Rodger's reaction to Liverpool's 2-0 defeat to Zenit.

Brendan Rodgers said:
I thought it was a near-on perfect away performance

Bredan Rodgers, the gift that keeps on giving. :p

PS

I actually wanted Liverpool to win, purely down to the Zenit fans being suchtwats.

In regards to the Arsenal Match; Hahahaha, they lost to Blackburn! They could barely beat scummy Brighton but I can't believe they lost to Blackburn. Another year without a trophy then =P

--

Anyway, in regards to the Palace match, it was fantastic! The atmosphere was fantastic and I loved Murray's 2nd goal and Kevin Phillips's one. Looking better and better and I can feel we're going up, feeling glad all over right now! =)

Top league goalscorers Season 2012-2013

1 - Lionel Messi - 37
2 - Glenn Murray - 26
3 - Christiano Ronald - 24
4 - Zlatan Imbrahimovic - 21
5 - Eliran Atar - 20

Amazing...