• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Orlando parks said:
I suppose that 1-1 is a good result against 12 men

And Charlton still couldn't beat you? Jesus they're awful! xD

I was annoyed at our result. Was clearly not a penalty as: 1. Ashley Young dived. and 2. It was outside the box. Plus Dikgacoi did not deserved to be sent off. Oh well, typical United always cheating. Palace still played good and our fans were amazing as ever.

Was pleased seeing Chelsea lose, plus Arsenal winning against Sunderland. Should make a entertaining MOTD tonight.

Oh and Millwall lost 5-1 to Derby. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As I United fan I find Young embarrassing. You expect diving with people from La Liga but not Englishmen*. In addition, he is painful to watch. Not a pen, was a free kick at most.

Despite that, we look organised, but lack any real creativity. I hope Kagawa features regularly from now otherwise we're going to struggle against the bigger sides, as proven already.

That said, Fellaini and Januzaj did well when they came, especially the latter. He's only 18 and already has so much confidence. Next Giggs I hope ;).

Credit to Palace though. Never looked dangerous, aside from Gayle's chance, but made a good game of it.

*Gerrard the exception.

Ah nothing like a good bit of xenophobia. no English players would ever cheat. It's all those dirty foreigners, coming over here, ruining our game...

Terrible result for United today, I saw the first 60 minutes but really wish I hadn't bothered. We were absolutely shocking and had no passion. I genuinely have no idea how Young is a United player either.

Well done City, with Kompany they're a completely different team. It's a big loss but whether it's 1-0 or 10-0 it's still just 3 points (I know you can say City GD in 11/12 but the 6-1 didn't cost us the title). I think the reaction from some people has been a bit extreme (people on 606). There's still a very long way to go so it's still way too early for any big predictions.

Despite that, I expected 5-4 points, or would have been happy enough with 3 points from the three tougher games we've had in the league but 1 from a possible 9 is not good.

Need to bounce back against Liverpool on Wednesday!

Remember when most people actually thought Everton would be nothing without Moyes? Glad to see most people are seeing him for what he is now, instead of believing the hype from the media that overrated so much.

Hahahaha. :p

13 games and sacked...

5 games and some people saying he's not good enough.

Fergie took 4 years to win his first trophy. Managers aren't even given a chance now.

Orlando parks said:
We're getting a new stand, I repeat Watford will soon be playing in a four sided stadium :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I think I'm correct in saying that this new stand is coming from either Udinese or Granada? ;)

Danza91 said:
13 games and sacked...

5 games and some people saying he's not good enough.

Fergie took 4 years to win his first trophy. Managers aren't even given a chance now.

I would think the player revolt and dressing room arguements caused this dismissal slightly more...

Why have a manager who your players have openly said to you (as Chief Executive) they won't play for him?

Yeah as more has come out about his sacking the more I can actually understand it. You wouldn't work for a manager who treated you like sh!te.

Di Canio was very very strict to be fair, and it did turn all into a bit of a pantomime. I'd have still given him a bit longer but he'd have had to change his attitude towards his players. One of the problems is that he never took responsibility which a manager has to do.

I know I've backtracked on what I said but as more has come out about this the more I do understand it. Sunderland need a manager for the long term now though.

Nice to see all the people who thought Everton would decline without Moyes, and that he was capable of handling the pressure of replacing Fergie (and that he was actually good enough anyway) are all slowly getting proved wrong. :p

And 6 games make a season?

It's that time of year again, it's Liverpool's year, last week City were going to win the title, Tottenham 'could' challenge for the title and the teams near the bottom are all in a crisis.

It's only really around Christmas when the table really starts to take shape.