• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Tottenham and Real Madrid are in advanced talks for the transfer of Gareth Bale for a speculated £94 million.

£94 million...

Once more. £94 million.

When Ronaldo left us for Madrid he was a Ballon D'Or, Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup and Club World Cup winner.

Bale has won nothing.

He's a terrific player, no doubt, but no way £94 million!!

Norwich 6-3 Bury

Cracking game to watch - pleasantly surprised it was good considering its League Cup round 2 and only cost a tenner to watch.

We played well and Bury showed a lot of fight. One of their goals was a bit of a lucky bundle but there was an absolute beauty of a strike that led to their third goal. Even the Norwich fans stood up and applauded!

Good to see Elmander get his first goals for the club, hope to see him included on Saturday too. Also, thanks to the Bury fans for having a fight amongst yourselves and causing much entertainment for the home support...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Burnley 2 - Preston 0
Quality support by us, considering it was an away game, in burnley, on a weeknight.
We outsung burnley by far, their support was just not up to our standard.
We played well, 75% of the game we ran rings around them, but I guess burnley took their chances and we just didn't.
Slightly marred by 'fans' kicking seats out of the away stand, and various scraps about the area before and after.
All in all, a good game, ending our cup run, but letting us focus on the league and hopefully promotion

I hope Liverpool enjoyed their cup final today. United on the other hand were poor but I don't think we deserved to lose. We had no creativity in the middle and our wingers couldn't beat a man. Cleverley is good for sideways and backwards passes but lacks that killer pass. It's painful not seeing Kagawa on the sheet, he's such a talent but just being wasted.

Fucking hell what a load of...

What the hell has Woodward been doing all summer? We're a laughing stock. If we had Gill in we'd have agreed deals with our targets in June.

Can't wait for United to announce another sponsorship deal tomorrow though.

I think and hope this will be Woodward's only transfer window in-charge.

All those years of Everton fans saying "I wonder what Moyes would do if he had money". Turns out it's try to buy his old players.

Newcastle. Complete joke.

Brought in only two players.

Kinnear ftl.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

We brought in about 15, the most for any team in the premier league.

Bloody hell...

Blaze said:
All those years of Everton fans saying "I wonder what Moyes would do if he had money". Turns out it's try to buy his old players.

Woodward is the man to point at. Moyes could have done a bit more but Woodward did **** all. He's clueless when it comes to getting a deal done unless it's a sponsor.

I feel sorry for Herrera after he did everything he could to join United. Either Woodward is just a prat or we simply don't have any money.

If Coentrao loan deal rumours are true and Kagawa actually gets game time, we'll be ok I think, won't win title though.

Well, it's been confirmed that Fellaini has indeed joined United for £27.5m. Talk about last-minute!

Jonathan said:
Well, it's been confirmed that Fellaini has indeed joined United for £27.5m. Talk about last-minute!

£27m?! Pretty funny considering he had a £23m release clause until the end of June!

TedTheHuman said:
We brought in about 15, the most for any team in the premier league.

Bloody hell...

lol-duck.gif

I'm excited with that... What a difference 3 years has made to the club...

So Sepp Blatter has finally admitted that allowing Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup in summer was a mistake. Well done, sir, for finally realising what pretty much everyone else has been saying for almost three years! ::)

Finally, it's a good time to be a Preston fan! So I'm posting about it before it goes wrong ;)

We are 6th in the league and unbeaten so far. Very exciting! And I finally have a job that gives me weekends off so I can go to some matches. Fingers crossed...this will be our season ;D