• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Happy with the way this weekend's fixtures went, aside from City. We may still sit in 8th however we're only 3 points off Chelsea in 2nd now. I hope we can keep this momentum going now and get some form going. 4 consecutive wins is good though.

Interesting news this morning surrounding the Champions League. BT Sport have apparently won the exclusive rights to show the tournament in the UK for three years from 2015 onwards, outbidding both Sky and ITV.

Grimsby Town fans today:

BYpi1CDCAAAWmw2.jpg

(Funniest thing is it wasn't even after a goal or owt, it was just after kick off) :p

Such a scummy little club they are, bet they're all gutted they didn't win their cup final today.

I was really please with Palace's result against Everton yesterday. Even though it was a 0-0 draw, I was satisfied with the result and they way Palace played that I think it'll be a turning point in our season. =)

And then it felt like nothing when Sunderland won against Man City. Seriously? You can beat Norwich 7-0, Man United 4-1, but you can't beat a team 2nd from bottom?! Pathetic, downer on my weekend.

Oh and Stoke drew 3-3 to Swansea thanks to a late penalty. Luck never seems to go Palace's way FFS.

I'd like to thank United for their excellent birthday present to me. :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Can't tell if United were absolutely brilliant or if Leverkusen were just really poor, perhaps a bit of both, but our biggest ever away win in the Champions League, I'll take that.

Some terrific goals as well.

Danza91 said:
Can't tell if United were absolutely brilliant or if Leverkusen were just really poor, perhaps a bit of both, but our biggest ever away win in the Champions League, I'll take that.

Some terrific goals as well.
I think we beat Shamrock Rovers 6-0 away in 1957. Just sayin'. ;)

Still, I'm genuinely surprised by our performance tonight. How on earth we managed to beat a team in such good form is beyond me, but I'm very glad that it's happened. Through to the last 16, and all we need to do is get a draw against Shakhtar Donetsk at Old Trafford on the 10th to go through as group winners. I'm very much looking forward to it, as I'll be at Old Trafford watching it! :D

Still trying to work out what exactly Fellaini brings to our midfield. We'd be better with 10 men, at least we'd concede a few less fouls. Midfield desperately needs sorting out in January. Although in years to come I think Jones will become our box to box player, we need someone now. Time and time again our midfield is getting overrun.

Awful performance.

Great win for us yesterday. 3 clean sheets out of 4 is amazing compared to our form earlier this season. Would have been perfect if Spurs won by 2 goals. But hey, you can't ask for everything.

MOTD should be good tonight.

Massive game for Palace on Saturday, A win, and things are suddenly not so doom and gloom.

That been said, if we win, I will be happily surprised, it took a little bit of luck on Tuesday for us to keep our clean sheet.

Ian

Welcome to the world of Watford, we let in 3 against bottom Yeovil and then go and keep a clean sheet against then 2nd place Burnley. Results that make sense would be nice for the future please.

IanB said:
Massive game for Palace on Saturday, A win, and things are suddenly not so doom and gloom.

That been said, if we win, I will be happily surprised, it took a little bit of luck on Tuesday for us to keep our clean sheet.

Ian

I assume regarding the Downing 'goal'?

Considering most of the defence had seen the flag and whistle before he struck it, it wasn't surprising that it went in... Was it a foul? Arguable, but just because it was given doesn't mean that it would have played out exactly the same... Sour grapes from Fat Sam...

Tomorrow however, is gonna be interesting...