• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

I'm gutted. I was hoping he'd try and take a bite out of our tank of a Polish centre back so we could see him loose all of his teeth. Alas that won't happen now! :(

So, Germany vs Argentina in the final just liked I predicted. :smirk:

I'm still going for Germany to win it, but on paper this final is almost too close to call imo, the best team in the world versus the team with the best player in the world in it, hopefully it should be a belter of a match.

Germany will win, I think fairly easily. Argentina's defence is their weak point, and if any team are to exploit it, it will be Germany. 3-0 to Germany is my guess.

The same defence that's managed 4 clean sheets so far and conceded the joint second least amount of goals?

By virtue, in my opinion, to them having a fantastic keeper and the opposition never performing to their potential. Particularly in their last two games vs Netherlands and Belgium. Any defence which is primarily relying on Martin Dimichelis is in my view suspect.

YES! Was desperate for Germany to win, especially as Argentina just started kicking lumps out of Bastian.

No idea how Messi won the Golden Ball, but I guess FIFA need to keep their little darling happy.

-----

What are we meant to do for the next month now?

Golden Ball defo should've gone to Rodriguez, no idea how Messi won it, especially after that dire waste of the last minute free kick. :confused1:

Well, suppose the Germans deserved it. Brace yourselfs now for German football domination. Alright for you folk in England, us Scots now have to face them in our opening group game for the EURO qualifiers:eek:

I have now been disowned by my father, I jumped up celebrating a winning German goal! It was actually a really good and very interesting final. Both sides had spells where they were on top and it really could have gone either way; although the Germans did appear much stronger in extra time. They definitely deserved the win though!

Also I have to say this, I absolutely HATE that stupid Argentine player with those few strands of hair making up the most ridiculous pony tail ever seen. That should not be allowed on a football pitch, if I was one of the Germans I'd have sneaked on a pair of scissors and cut it off! /rant

:)

It was an enjoyable game, but one that is going to haunt Argentina for years to come, as they should of won it. Germany made a few mistakes in normal time, and Messi should of scored in the first half.

In extra time, the Germans were clearly going for it, which gave Argentina a few chances on the break, but I think the extra days rest, and the easier game the Germans had in the Semi-Finals gave them a little bit more energy.

Roll on Euro 2016 :)

Ian

I blame Mack for me inadvertently supporting the Germans!

DAMN YOU EUROPA PARK!

Technically Argentina Vs Germany surely we English would want them both to lose?

Least it's only a less than a month till normal football begins again...

Germans deserved the win, shows what a difference can be made when you make severe changes to how your dosmetic leagues work with youngsters... Plus I won a sweepstake too as a result...

Deutschland <3

Btus2Q0IgAA80jz.jpg

I'd hate to be a Southampton fan right now. They've lost so many of their great players.

Still don't see why people think Southampton are in a bad situation. Yeah they've lost some key players, but that does means that they've raked in nearly £100M in transfer fees, aswell as still having some quality youngish players from last season like Ramirez, Rodriquez, Clyne & Schneiderlin (for now). If they reinvest all transfer revenues then they'd probably be the biggest spenders of any prem club this season. This isn't the end of Southampton, imo it's more likely the start of something better.

The way some people have overreacted you'd think they were talking about Blackpool...

I have a feeling they might flop this year if the don't spend the money on a striker and a defender as they have lost a lot of key players, Liverpool have seemed to be very busy this window and I think selling Suarez might have payed off

My club (leeds) have made some great young signings in Beradi, bianchi, Doukara and Silvestri and some not so great sales Ross McCormack to Fulham. I really think we should have waited for a prem club to buy him as I don't like Players going to clubs in the Championship. We have got rid of lots of deadwood and Zan Benedicic looks very promising if we sign him. This season will either Be the best in the championship so far and we will finish between 2nd and 6th or it will go bad and end up being inbetween 10th and 16th, it's going to be exciting!