• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

After Nigel Pearson's Ostrich interview, Chessie got on board the #BANTERBUS
CD6v5B9UgAA9cH_.jpg

Last day of the Championship today. As it stands, Watford will go up as champions, with Bournemouth joining them in the Premier League. The play-off spots are currently held by Norwich, Middlesbrough, Ipswich and Brentford, with Wolves just behind Brentford on goal difference.

On a more serious note, Rio Ferdinand's wife died last night after a short battle with breast cancer at the age of just 34. She leaves behind three children aged nine, six and four. It's awful news, and I can't begin to imagine what's going through Rio's head right now. :(

I absolutely do not believe there is a football club with such a beleaguered state as Newcastle right now.

NEVER have I known a worse team playing for us.

How on EARTH can we be this bad? It is astounding how Ashley has left the club to rot in this way with such a huge fanbase, stadium and history!

:(

He just doesn't seem to want to invest into the club at all. It's not good to see your club like this, Dan.

Our goal difference is second worst in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parish4_3289385b.jpg

I guess you never realise what you have until it's gone...

Not at all. Pardew was part of the system at Newcastle - and it is the system which fans do not like.

Pardew had failed to take the club anywhere in his time in charge and, given that he left - and the club then failed to replace him, it's no wonder we're in a situation.

Newcastle needs a new owner, new manager and a new team.

Everything else is perfect - big stadium, big fanbase.

It's certainly getting very nervy at the bottom of the Prem. Burnley and QPR are almost certainly going down, but wins for Leicester, Villa & Sunderland today mean there are still 5 teams fighting to avoid joining them, though admittedly some are fighting harder than others.

Everyone from West Brom down are not safe and still can go down. Palace aren't automatically safe either, but it's likely they won't go down.

Palace and West Brom may not be mathematically safe, but I don't think the 5 teams below them will ALL get enough points to overtake them, so they're not really in the battle.

Reactions: Ted
So Norwich v Ipswich in the play off semis. Local derby!

I'm so glad it's the semis rather than the final. I fancy us much better to take them over two legs rather than a derby at the pressure of the final at Wembley!

I am so nervous for the last game of the season tomorrow. There's far too much hanging on this one game for Preston. I feel sick!

Beautiful how Newcastle fans spent the best part of three years harassing the manager that got them their highest league finish for almost a decade despite having a pitiful budget, and now since he's gone they've become the league's joke team. Pardew is boss and I can see him achieving decent things with Palace if he gets a few years.

You're missing the point.

He may have got the club 5th - but it was entirely unsustained, he was ultimately part of the Ashley campaign of mediocrity.

I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to expect the club to at least compete - especially given the size of the club, fanbase and money available.

I note that all the casual tickets for Norwich vs Ipswich's Play-off semi final at Carrow Road have been sold.

Former England striker Jimmy Greaves is in intensive care after suffering a severe stroke yesterday. No further news on his condition yet.

Man United fans on the pitch after scoring the winner against Palace so they can scrape 4th place.

Talk about the mighty falling.