• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

I do hope we see an African team reach the last four, long overdue IMO. Also, had to laugh at Spain's penalties in which I thought Japan were bad at them only for Spain to put on perhaps the worst shootout I've ever seen, makes England's shootout record look good...something I never thought I'd see.

Anyway, with either Portugal or Switzerland to face Morocco, I'd fancy the African side's chances here.

I do hope we see an African team reach the last four, long overdue IMO. Also, had to laugh at Spain's penalties in which I thought Japan were bad at them only for Spain to put on perhaps the worst shootout I've ever seen, makes England's shootout record look good...something I never thought I'd see.

Anyway, with either Portugal or Switzerland to face Morocco, I'd fancy the African side's chances here.

Maybe they will do a Greece

Well, Well, Brazil are OUT! That's another favourite gone! 0-0 going into extra time, then Brazil scored in the first half only for Croatia to equalise in the second, then Croatia won 4-2 on penalties after Brazil both had one saved and hit the bar. Croatia will play the winner of tonight's match, the Netherlands or Argentina.

Brazilians deserved it after how arrogant they were in the South Korea game with all that dancing.

Would be hilarious in after the Argentina fans would be laughing at Brazil that they end up going out tonight! 😂

But Croatia are like that stain on the wall in which no matter how hard you try you can never clean it off. A nation with a population smaller than Scotland getting into back to back semi finals...😭

Can someone please tell ITV that they need to turn the stadium sound UP and the commentator's sound DOWN. You want to hear the atmosphere at a World Cup. The commentator's volume doesn't need to be 3 times that of the stadium atmosphere. IDIOTS.

Can someone please tell ITV that they need to turn the stadium sound UP and the commentator's sound DOWN. You want to hear the atmosphere at a World Cup. The commentator's volume doesn't need to be 3 times that of the stadium atmosphere. IDIOTS.
Bet they want Portugal to win so are trying to block out the extremely vocal Morocco fans. 1-0 to the latter at halftime!

He really is a twat
We need to get past France tonight now
You you mean for those on here who aren't English. ;)

But with Morroco now the world's favourite team, spare a thought for the side that has to beat them who becomes the villains of the tournament. Suddenly winning that last remaining Quarter-final doesn't look so attractive now...

Portugal deserved to loose, constantly diving and subsequently begging for penalties. Morocco are the first ever African nation to qualify for a World Cup semifinal! I really hope we can beat France tonight now, we are the underdogs in that match.

You you mean for those on here who aren't English. ;)

But with Morroco now the world's favourite team, spare a thought for the side that has to beat them who becomes the villains of the tournament. Suddenly winning that last remaining Quarter-final doesn't look so attractive now...
I was going to make a clever comment about a gentleman from north of the border making a few gaffes during the commentary on the match, but what would McCoist know about getting past the first round?!
...only kidding you smoky old crow...
Probably.

Portugal deserved to loose, constantly diving and subsequently begging for penalties. Morocco are the first ever African nation to qualify for a World Cup semifinal! I really hope we can beat France tonight now, we are the underdogs in that match.
The international bookies odds say there is no underdog, this is statistically a close match.

If France do go out, one of the favourites ofc, the bookies will be in tears that nearly all the favourites are out.

Last edited: