• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Certainly looks like German football is going to be the superior force now. The way both Munich and Dortmund play their football is a delight to watch and on top of that, their ticket prices are reasonable. They've got things right over there!

Watched the biting thing again today, and it just keeps getting funnier.

It's quite possibly the funniest, thing I've seen on a football pitch since the hand of god goal.

Tomorrow is going to be one of the biggest games of the century so far for Scunny. Colchester are 3 points above us, with a goal difference 3 goals better than us. We play Swindon at home infront of an expected crowd of around 7,000 (around double our average attendance this season) Iron fans, where as Colchester have a trip to mid table Carlisle. The most likely scenario that Scunny fans can see happening is us winning 2-0 and them losing 1-0, which would see us stay up on goals scored.

Games like this are the ones that make me love football. Up The Iron!

Haha you have to laugh at how the 'fans' runaway as soon as the police start walking over to them!

Crazy day of football today. Can't wait for next weekend now, it's going to take an awful lot but we can still hope for the play-offs!

:)

Bloody mental day today! Was neither satisfied or dissatisfied with our result as I thought we played very well and Rhodes's goal was alright. Although I feel that Murray should have gotten a penalty and we should taken all 3 points!

As for results elsewhere, it was a manic day. Espeically down in League 2 with the relegation battle that was virtually between Wimbledon, Barnet, D&R, and I think York as well. Congrats to Wimbledon for staying up and unlucky on Barnet for going down. Also big congrats to Port Vale and Rotherham on going up.

As for League 1, the game between Brentford and Doncaster went completely insane during added time. Could not believe the events that went on at Griffin Park! :eek: Also congratulations to Colchester for Staying up but unlucky to Scunthorpe for being relegated.

Also watched the Peterborough game, very entertaining I thought, but it gets me a bit nervous for our game against them next Saturday if we don't win against Scumwall on Tuesday.

There's also the event of the Newcastle vs Liverpool game, but I didn't really pay attention to that, will watch MOTD to see the highlights.

In short, great day of Footie today, but next Saturday is gonna be another hectic day. Come on you Palace!

TedTheHuman said:
unlucky to Scunthorpe for being relegated.

Nothing unlucky about it mate, for the majority of the season we've been useless. We need a massive overhaul in summer, get rid of all the crap players signed by Knill. As for next season, I've got hope. We've got some good young players (Slocombe, Ribeiro, Canavan & Godden probably being the best of the bunch) that I think we can build a decent team on that with a few good signings can be up there at the top of league two come next April. And even if we do crap next season, we'll still be a league higher than the cods. Up The Iron!

However, one major talking point from today's game was the ugly scenes after Swindon scored, and the even worse scenes outside the ground after full time. It ruined what had been a wonderful atmosphere and was probably the worst violence at a scunny game I've seen since the last time we played away at Grimsby in a league game. Worth noting though that around 30 Grimsby fans were in the away end and are the ones who got the whole thing started in the first place, yet more proof of what a bunch of scum their fans are.

Haven't posted on here i think since Bradford made it to the Capital one cup final? Feel Bradford have unfinished business with Wembley, so fingers crossed we can beat Burton in the playoff semi! Unforgettable season!

AHAHAHAHAHA

BI9E-MsCEAMkxPR.jpg