• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Alton Parish Council discussed the Ripsaw Cafe development last week and as expected there were no objections to the planning application.

Still no documentation added to the application to rebuild The Edge arcade.

Alton Parish Council discussed the Ripsaw Cafe development last week and as expected there were no objections to the planning application.

Still no documentation added to the application to rebuild The Edge arcade.
To be honest? I think The Edge arcade will remain as it has for a while maybe some minor retheming within but besides that, I think they're focusing on both the Ripsaw Café and other areas within Forbidden Valley.

When it first opened I never quite understood the Cadbury Mini Heroes sponsorship it had.

That said, a ride being called Air is leagues better than Sik at Flamingo Land. Wonder what they will do if the people who bought that brand in the administration decide to wind it down.

Nemesis was the village, as were the other major SW installations up to that date. Air was supposed to be the hero in all of this. So in that sense, it kinda makes sense.

With the idea of using the old Nemesis track for theming as in the tentacles coming from out of the ground, might it be an idea if they have a lot of those redundant track used to act as theming for a rethemed Galactica in which they could used around the open area around the ride to act as scenery interaction?

Not only would it fill that barren area up with something and with very little cost for 'new' theming, but it would actually be fulfilling the original plan of scenery that the ride would interactive with the ride would finally come to fruition here, albeit in a way not in the way as first imagined.

With the idea of using the old Nemesis track for theming as in the tentacles coming from out of the ground, might it be an idea if they have a lot of those redundant track used to act as theming for a rethemed Galactica in which they could used around the open area around the ride to act as scenery interaction?

Not only would it fill that barren area up with something and with very little cost for 'new' theming, but it would actually be fulfilling the original plan of scenery that the ride would interactive with the ride would finally come to fruition here, albeit in a way not in the way as first imagined.
That sounds like a wonderful idea. I mean, are we sure any parts of the old Nemesis still remain within AT or any storage areas they use? As besides possible interaction with Galactica as you suggested, imagine if they used parts of the old track as scenery within FV itself, like the Corkscrew's corkscrew at the entrance itself.

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I mean, are we sure any parts of the old Nemesis still remain within AT or any storage areas they use? As besides possible interaction with Galactica as you suggested, imagine if they used parts of the old track as scenery within FV itself, like the Corkscrew's corkscrew at the entrance itself.
If I recall from earlier, some drone footage did show Nemesis' old track found in a scrap yard sadly :(

If I recall from earlier, some drone footage did show Nemesis' old track found in a scrap yard sadly :(
I mean, if I recall, I think it was only part of the track? Maybe they've sold some of it for scrap and kept others pieces?
As I believe you mean this piece

Attachments

• a-picture-from-on-twitter-of-nemesis-track-in-a-scrapyard-v0-6ei5bop817aa1.jpg
    a-picture-from-on-twitter-of-nemesis-track-in-a-scrapyard-v0-6ei5bop817aa1.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 69
I mean, if I recall, I think it was only part of the track? Maybe they've sold some of it for scrap and kept others pieces?
As I believe you mean this piece
I believe there were sightings of more than just 1 piece of track being sent to the scrap yard. I like the idea of them keeping some of the original track and using it for the area.

This was mentioned a few months ago but according to Coasterlytical's video back in June, some old track was being stored and covered over where the new track was waiting before being moved to the park.
1700391747439.png1700391776378.png
The track in the first picture looks suspiciously like the loop - the straight support welded to it implies that it is one side of the top of the loop:
1700391906675.png
Obviously a lot will have happened since June when this track was spotted; it may have been left there for some kind of reference for when the new loop was installed or it could've just been there waiting to be taken to the scrap yard - but if that is the case, why cover it over with tarpaulin to protect it? Looking at that image of the complete loop, it looks like a ready-made arch.

Original video:

From: https://youtu.be/nn5pnrrZvtE?si=dlNGW5V_6b3ksPRs&t=89

Last edited:
if im being enirely honest i think galactica deserves a theme where its a millitary air force phalanx team fighting the nemesis creature and possibly themeing from the new sns being built at six flags or simmilar
I disagree. I personally don't want another roller coaster with a dark theme, we have more than enough of those, and rides that are black/grey. The be nice if they redid Galacticas area into its own little area and keep that 'hero' theme of it while not clashing with Forbidden Valleys area. Make a yin yang situation. It'd be more unique than a Phalanx themed ride when we already pretty much have a ride themed to them (Nemesis Sub Terra).

Kinda of looks similar to the existing archway as you walk toward Nemesis.
I'm wondering if they'll place that in and maybe add a few tendrils from Nemesis growing around parts of the archway, to show how Nemesis has taken over part of Forbidden Valley.

Either that, or maybe add some Phalanx signage around the sign (Warning/caution signs, military controlled area, biohazard, etc.) to show that they might have some control still, but it is waning.

I'm wondering if they'll place that in and maybe add a few tendrils from Nemesis growing around parts of the archway, to show how Nemesis has taken over part of Forbidden Valley.

Either that, or maybe add some Phalanx signage around the sign (Warning/caution signs, military controlled area, biohazard, etc.) to show that they might have some control still, but it is waning.

I think more tendrils are quite likely. They had a little bit of that previously with fleshy bits on the drill/gun thing and patches on the columns. Would be good to see them fully commit to it. My only concern is how long they'd last before they got wrecked by grabby hands and poking fingers.

I think more tendrils are quite likely. They had a little bit of that previously with fleshy bits on the drill/gun thing and patches on the columns. Would be good to see them fully commit to it. My only concern is how long they'd last before they got wrecked by grabby hands and poking fingers.
True, I suppose that would be an issue. Like with many attractions. They'd have to keep on top of it to make sure guests don't damaged/vandalize parts of it.

True, I suppose that would be an issue. Like with many attractions. They'd have to keep on top of it to make sure guests don't damaged/vandalize parts of it.
They need to not make it out of the plastic and polystyrene they used for the snake pot in the queue for Mamba Strike at Chessington. That thing lasted about 5 minutes before it had holes and gouges everywhere