• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Huh, maybe those AT guys I spoke to last year did pass on my suggestion...

Meh, who am I kidding, it's probably something they've planned to do for a while! Good to see them expanding the merch.
But back to FV, from the vids I've seen, what they've done looks amazing!

Just hope they're able to finish the new arcade area and hide/cover up the main area they used for installing the track, as you can see the car park from the Nemmy queue now! xD

It feels like Project Ocean is designed to make Galactica be a new area. They’ve blocked the path under the Galactica lift hill which separates the two more.

Plus there’s a lot of room for expansion beyond Galactica onto the car park…
All honesty, when Air was first opened even if had gotten its full theme as planned, they should have split the area in two and if Project Ocean does see the return of Ripsaw or some other flat ride then Forbidden Valley if you were to split it in two would with a coaster, two flats and a dark ride could be considered 'complete' which leaves out Galactica which can finally be it's own thing and this long running issue of its out of place theme will finally be rectified.

Still like the idea of of Atlantis type idea for that area of the park, needs a lighter theme to balance out all the dark themes and if they were to close Galactica towards the end of the 2024 season (which I doubt many will miss as Nemesis will take care of capacity without breaking a sweat) then it would give them the chance to landscape that whole area to look very different from before and that's it including the car park behind it and with that whole area being a blank slate, anything can be done there.

Some people don’t let go of their ideas and will ignore all of these points
Somebody mentioned weeks ago they could theme the shop as a supply store to gear up for entering Forbidden Valley.

The new shop has indeed got “Supply Store” written at the top.

I still wouldn’t rule it out!

Merlin have always been pretty fluid with park areas and their boundaries.

EDIT to add some examples off the top of my head:

- Dark Forest themed Woodcutters outside the Dark Forest entrance portal
- Wickerman themed bar in Mutiny Bay
- Rainforest themed theatre, buildings, and racer game outside both Rainforest entrance portals
- Egyptian themed plaza on the wrong side of the Forbidden Kingdom/Wanyama dividing portal
- Dragons Fury entrance outside of the Land of the Dragons

Last edited:
They’ve blocked the path under the Galactica lift hill which separates the two more.
How does crowd flow work then given the seating for the coffee shop blocks the path on the other side of the coffee shop? Or does everyone coming out of Nemesis have to go down the stairs?

I still think the coffee shop should have been the merch shop and whats now the merch shop should have stayed as the coffee shop.

How does crowd flow work then given the seating for the coffee shop blocks the path on the other side of the coffee shop? Or does everyone coming out of Nemesis have to go down the stairs?

I still think the coffee shop should have been the merch shop and whats now the merch shop should have stayed as the coffee shop.
It's only been blocked off right next to the bus where you can get the shot of Nemesis coming over the last zero g roll. You can still walk down the left side of the coffee shop (as you look at it) and then behind it and down towards the new shop and Galactica. And the steps are also still open near the front of it which bring you down to roughly where Ripsaw was. So the crowd flow hasn't really been affected.

It's only been blocked off right next to the bus where you can get the shot of Nemesis coming over the last zero g roll. You can still walk down the left side of the coffee shop (as you look at it) and then behind it and down towards the new shop and Galactica. And the steps are also still open near the front of it which bring you down to roughly where Ripsaw was. So the crowd flow hasn't really been affected.
Thanks, it just always felt like the crowd flow was quite affected with all the seating outside the coffee (formerly chip) shop in the first place, so making more changes would cause things to be even worse.