• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

Not in a queue line, but just outside the Skyride yesterday. (May not be exact wording used, but very similar.)

"Shall we go on the train to Cloud Cuckoo Land?"

*palm hits face*

Heard queuing for the boiler house scarefest 2011!!!!!!!

Women in front " They used to have a nemesis type ride in hear"
Bloke in front "Yeah I remember had drips of water coming in on you"

I would say this was wrong however she was nearly right (it was a rollercoaster of some sought I think that what she was implying) and he was probably describing a leaky roof. As the queue line was springing a few leaks whilst this conversation was taking place.

First Person:
"I went to a horror night once, and they had some experimental theatre which they classed as a maze, it was bizarre, it was just like homeless people lining some streets you just walked through, wasn't very scary though, just a bit weird" (or words to close effect)

Second Person:
"Wow really, did they use REAL homeless people?!"

Person 1?
Diogo.

Person 2?
....me

LOL! Yes, that would be my summery of last year's "Down" maze at Europa.

Not in a queue line, but I was in a class recently, and I was talking to this girl about rollercoasters, and she asked me what my favourite one was...
Me: Oh, Nemesis
Her: At Thorpe Park??
Me: *look of despair* no, at Towers
Her: Oh, mine's Turbo at Brighton haha

AH </3

Tarin Maria said:
Me: *look of despair* no, at Towers

AH </3

You need not worry about fitting in here Tarin, you have just endeared yourself to pretty much every single member on here with that quote alone. I await a tidal wave of thanks on your post!

Haha, thanks :) My other favourite was whilst on Thirteen; we had just entered the drop, and as the door closed, one girl went 'is that the end of the ride?', and then the track dropped.

Tarin Maria said:
Haha, thanks :) My other favourite was whilst on Thirteen; we had just entered the drop, and as the door closed, one girl went 'is that the end of the ride?', and then the track dropped.

I took a newbie on it (not remotely into coasters...) When it got in they said, "oh that wasn't that bad, is that it then?"...

To which I just looked at him and replied

"er, sorry mate"....

I timed that pretty well ;D

Oh, I did that one to my brother and some of my friends once, Richie - great fun. I also never told my parents about it when they went on, and I think they got a bit of a shock... :p

Jonathan said:
Oh, I did that one to my brother and some of my friends once, Richie - great fun. I also never told my parents about it when they went on, and I think they got a bit of a shock... :p

Off topic slightly there I know, but that does go to show that it can work ;D - It was at Scarefest last year too ;D

Seemed to create a nice buzz too, this same person who'd thought they hated coasters suddenly decided to follow me onto Nemesis without me realising!!

The "Ultimate Rollercoaster" it wasn't lol, but it is clever and surprising, and indeed thrilling for those who don't know about it.

Anyway... not like me to drag a topic, er off topic... as you were ;D

After watching the video for Sub Terra, prior to entering the lifts, over heard a man say

"Oh right, so its a museum, then"

Biggest facepalm moment of my life.

not heard in a queue line, but a question asked to me at work

lecturer "We are looking at going to Alton Towers next year, maybe with two minibuses or maybe hiring a coach"

Me "right, they got some cracking ride there"

lecturer "Do you know how to get there"

Me as I was just going to drink out of an Alton Towers travel mug "maybe, i look it up if we use minibuses"

lecturer "best use a sat nav" turns and walks out as i look at the AT travel mug.

A halloween one seeing its day 1 of scarefest. Last year at the Zombie scarezone we overheard a girl in her 20's telling her 3 friends that if they are scared there is a safe "word" of "I don't like it go away". Don't think it worked because if anything they seemed to get more attention despite repeating the words through screams.

Mum telling her kids in Xsector
Yeah thats where you stop and then drop straight down
Pointing to the vertical lift hill on Smiler...
:rolleyes:
Felt like butting in and saying now turn around and look at the coaster behind you!

Not in a queue line but close enough. 2 men standing just outside the towers, on the side nearest x-sector (where you can see the smiler from), staring blankly at a map talking to each other.
  • "I want to go on the oblivion"
  • "It says it's in the x-sector"
  • "Where's that"
  • "I think it's this way" *starts walking the wrong way, towards mutiny bay*