• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica's Future

What would you like to see happen to Galactica?

• Keep the Galactica Theme

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • An improved version of air

Votes: 84 41.0%
  • A new theme to tie in with Nemesis and The Phalanx

Votes: 103 50.2%
  • Something else

Votes: 16 7.8%

• Total voters
I asked AI to come up with a kind of concept I'd like to see, which it kind of managed to do. kind of...

I know it'd seem like an Avatar rip-off with the floating rocks, but i'd love to see a return of that fusion of tech and nature that air originally had, with the metal sails attached to rockwork etc. But i'd like to see it extend that theme and the ride/area have this hidden glen theme where technology and nature has become fused, and the area is dotted with rocks revealing minerals/gems inside them that give them the ability to float.

OIG1.jpgOIG2.jpg

I struggle to see where a flat ride could fit in that area though. Maybe if they expanded Galacticas area, but as of now there just seems to be so little space for a proper flat. My money is on theming (whatever you consider to be theming by Merlin anyway *looks at Black paint buckets and spare ship containers*).

We've said before that a kids playground would be a nice option there, but even a smaller flat like Heave Ho would be a nice addition so there is something for those not tall enough for the coasters, whether its small ride or play space.

To be honest, I think we'll see another retheme for the ride itself. Maybe one to better suit the FB 'feel' they've created with Nemesis. And maybe the station could be retheme/reworked. With AT/Merlin deciding to maybe make the ride something to do with a 'Containment' force sent in to try and tame Nemesis in her new form.

The area has received overwhelmingly positive responses, I can see why they wish to finish it off
I think the actual creature/station had very overwhelmingly positive reviews from what I've read, I was mostly on about the facilities and buildings around the ride like the cafe and Bunker 94 sorry. Let's not forget the Artillery Gun in the queue as well.

Last edited:
Who knows what the future could possibly hold for the ride if it is looking to be at the end of its service life...

A tame B&M which has operated 10 - 4 a lot in the last decade and always operated seasonal, being at the end of it's service life? Never say never but I highly doubt the ride is at the end of it's service life, not after 24 years.

No idea what condition the prototype electronics are in though. As for the structure, that's probably fine after this amount of time.

Last edited:
(always) Happy to be called a massive moron, but could there be a case for Merlin to request a new prototype seating system for Galactica? B&M haven’t really done any Flying jobbies for ages, suggesting there maybe isn’t the demand for it.

I don’t have an idea in mind - but I’m not at the apex of creative application of physics and mechanics.

But my theory is that it could be a way to give the ride new life without massive ground upheaval

These AI monstrosities
I asked AI to come up with a kind of concept I'd like to see, which it kind of managed to do. kind of...

I know it'd seem like an Avatar rip-off with the floating rocks, but i'd love to see a return of that fusion of tech and nature that air originally had, with the metal sails attached to rockwork etc. But i'd like to see it extend that theme and the ride/area have this hidden glen theme where technology and nature has become fused, and the area is dotted with rocks revealing minerals/gems inside them that give them the ability to float.

OIG1.jpgOIG2.jpg

I can't imagine Merlin would have money for new flat rides, project Horizon and a Galactica replacement. My money is on a retheme, I still think it has a few years left in it though I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
this is what i have thought too. galactica isnt too old (22 im pretty sure?) most steel coasters last a minimum of about 25 years so its got a few years yet, it is a big pain in the arse for the park though in terms of reliability as its quite a complex ride.

this is what i have thought too. galactica isnt too old (22 im pretty sure?) most steel coasters last a minimum of about 25 years so its got a few years yet, it is a big pain in the arse for the park though in terms of reliability as its quite a complex ride.
true, my thought is that it will be the control system gets too unreliable requiring replacement, which may be very expensive.

Although it is important to remember that the trains may be very heavy due to their complexity, meaning it may wear the track quicker even though it is less force full, as we haven't really seen any old flying coaster, although B and M would have done the track sizing properly for those trains so heavily I doubt it will be any problem