• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

The queue was 105 minutes in total!

It was definitely only on 2 trains; there was a gap in between trains, which I’ve never seen on 3. To make matters worse, it’s also raining cats and dogs; I’m currently camped under a tree outside the Skyride toilets!
2 trains on a busy Saturday is poor to say the least. No wonder the queue was moving slow. What's the operations like on the other coasters? Got any more readings?

It's dire here today.

Bad weather.
Bad availability.
Poor capacity.
Long waits.
Early close.

Just bailed after waiting 25 for Galactica then seeing it was going down the hill. Way more than the 40 advertised.

Been on RMT today, and attempted Alton Manor twice to no avail.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Thirteen on 2 isn't great. I'm assuming Galactica is on 2 aswell. Which operations seem the best and which seem the worst?
Galactica 2.
Th13teen 2.

No idea on other rides but Oblivion, Spinball and 5 other rides closed plus Skyride.

Last edited:
Galactica 2.
Th13teen 2.

No idea on other rides but Oblivion, Spinball and 5 other rides closed plus Skyride.
Smiler and wicker seem alright. I'm assuming they're on max capacity as the queues for them look ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weekends and peak days this season just aren't going to be pleasant sadly. I think we all feared that would be the case.

Glad I got my cheeky Wednesday trip in. Weather was ace and availability was decent. Managed about 18 rides in total I think and I even left at 3.15pm to try and beat some of the traffic.

Going to be coming just one more time this season too so my Son can experience Alton Manor and hopefully NST too. Think we will wait for when the park is in better shape operations wise.

@Matt N and @AstroDan how were your days in the end? Did you have any other bad queue experiences @Matt N and which operations were the best
Our day was pretty good in the end! I managed 6 rides, and my mum, dad and grandad came on 5. (I managed to get a ride on Smiler at the end of the day via the SRQ). The main detractor was the weather; it rained a lot!

The only other overly long queue (and by overly long, I mean over an hour) was Wicker Man, which was advertised 50 minutes but took 70-75 minutes from just inside the non-extended queue line.

Throughputs weren’t the fastest I’ve ever seen in general, but I have to say that The Smiler had absolutely outstanding operations at the end of the day; the average dispatch time was barely over a minute, and the average throughput was 916pph, which was the highest I logged all day! They were easily the best operations I’ve ever seen on Smiler, anyway!

In terms of other rides:
  • Wicker Man was on 3 trains and while well operated overall, the dispatch intervals were a bit hit and miss, with some very quick intervals and some other pretty slow ones; the throughput average was 760pph. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but they were doing copious announcements reminding people that the ride has a baggage hold system, and stating that loose articles are not allowed in the station… were they having problems with people taking bags into the station, perhaps?
  • Thirteen was on 2 trains and had a throughput average of 640pph. The operations seemed fast overall, but the queue moved quite slowly, with it taking 105 minutes with the queue not even close to being full.
  • Rita was on 2 trains and had a throughput average of 650pph. Operations seemed to roughly align with my previous experiences on Rita; they were doing pretty well on there, though.
  • Oblivion was on 5 shuttles/2 stations and was bizarrely slow compared to usual. The throughput average was 579pph, and while the staff were working hard, the queue overall seemed to move somewhat more slowly than usual for some reason. Interestingly, they were also sending every few dispatches with only 12 per shuttle, with 4 seats together always being left empty…

TH13TEEN was only one two last weekend and part of the third car was under the lift hill. So I guess the 4 months of winter wasn’t enough time for it’s maintenance.

Galactica was also on two last weekend so I guess the third craft probably isn’t signed off either.

TH13TEEN was only one two last weekend and part of the third car was under the lift hill. So I guess the 4 months of winter wasn’t enough time for it’s maintenance.

Galactica was also on two last weekend so I guess the third craft probably isn’t signed off either.
Galactica is never normally on 3 until at least Easter holidays

Just means they're staffed for a busy day but haven't got all 3 trains available for whatever reason. Whilst in theory they can get slightly higher throughput on 2 trains 2 stations than 2 trains 1 station, I think in practice they'd get more by just piling all the staff on one side to speed up loading

I'd like to see that. Today was not that. Also the train kept stopping before being accepted back into the station which was odd.

I'd like to see that. Today was not that. Also the train kept stopping before being accepted back into the station which was odd.
On some coasters (and most B&Ms I think) the op and hosts have to hold their dispatch buttons down to advance a train into the station, so it's possible that they were just late doing that because there wasn't already a train in the station being dispatched.