General Queue Times Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig, 12th Apr 2021.

1. NuttySquirrel

NuttySquirrel TowersStreet Member

Anyone on park today? Looks pretty quiet according to the app. Football effect maybe?

2. Ethan

Ethan TowersStreet Member

Most likely yes. I did think it's the perfect day to go in terms of crowd levels

Skyscraper and NuttySquirrel like this.
  3. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Sunday morning...officially the quietest time on a theme park through the summer.

Skyscraper likes this.
  4. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    I wouldn't have though the football has a lot to do with it, the park shuts at 7 and most people on park are probably going to be watching the game and will just leave early.

5. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    England are in the Euros final, today is not a day for theme parks.

6. Funcone

Funcone TowersStreet Member

What's this football thing that everyone's talking about?

jon81uk, RoyJess, Rick and 1 other person like this.
  7. Danscott22

Danscott22 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Falcon's Fury
    I mean we've got to be fair and say some people won't be interested at all, which is fine by me, it will just be a normal day for some people (albeit a small minority) and like I've said I'd expect most people on park to leave early.

Skyscraper likes this.
  8. Loui Richards

Loui Richards TowersStreet Member

Only the 10th row had dummies on it

Skyscraper and Matt N like this.
  9. Loui Richards

Loui Richards TowersStreet Member

Yes fully agree! Rita also had quite a bit of downtime which wouldn’t have helped the queues when it was open!

10. s_g_k

s_g_k TowersStreet Member

Just looked at the queue times - it’s like a mid September weekday on park today. If you live locally you could really maximise your ride count today and still get home for the match.

Skyscraper and NuttySquirrel like this.
  11. JAperson

JAperson TowersStreet Member

I hope this is the right thread to put this in.
    Anyway the other day when at towers I realised how inaccurate the times are for the rides.
    Examples: rita 25 minutes - actually only waited 10. Nemesis 35 - actually only waited 15. Oblivion always seems to be the worse contender. It was meant to be 45 minutes and we waited about 15. I can't help but thinking they do this to sell FastTrack. What do you think?

12. Ethan

The queues have always been inflated just to prevent a surge of complaints. End of the day it's better for a queue to be overstated than understated. You've got to remember with rides like wicker man and nemesis back to full capacity, they're flying through the queues and rarely get long waits now. Look how much filling all rows and removing some dummies has helped with th13eens throughput and therefore reducing waiting times. There's only 1 row of dummies now and you can seat 18/20 instead of what used to be around 8/20 not long ago. Lower throughput rides like Rita and The Smiler will always have longer queues as they're getting through less people each hour

13. JAperson

This is a good point and I am well aware of the fact they overstate them just too avoid complains but sometimes it is ridicously obvious a queue is going to to shorter than what the app says and they seem to leave it which leads me to believe it is not only about avoiding complains but also about selling more fasttrack from the app when people look at the times page.
    The operation on nemesis and wicker man are superb but the operations on galactica really don't seem that good at the moment. I presume they must've been short staffed as they were running one station on a busy day and the staff where shouting at each other across the station and had less people checking restrains at usual. The operations were painfully slow sometimes and sometimes they where flying through a train. They were obviously over worked. To be fair this could have been a one off.

Ethan likes this.
  14. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Are the queue times being set automatically or manually by staff? I know there are issues at the moment due to people social distancing (or not) in the queues. Presumably if that stops next week then the times will become more accurate again.

15. JAperson

But surely after almost two years of this they have a decent idea what the queue length is. Especially as they have to run through the queue at the end of the day after the park closes.
    I might be being cynical but I am sure that they make them higher so that when you look at the app, you could be at the other end of the park, you buy FastTrack for the ride you are looking at before you are there.

16. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    It's variable though and depends on the guests in the queue at the time which makes it hard to predict. If a queue rack is full of people every two metres it's very different to the same queue full of people with no social distancing at all.

jon81uk and Skyscraper like this.
  17. JAperson

yes I am probably over thinking it.

18. Ethan

Why are they queues for Rita so long in comparison to everything else at the moment? Is it on 2 trains or 1

JAperson likes this.
  19. tayspru

tayspru TowersStreet Member

It’s 2:30pm on a Saturday and the app is showing it has a walk on wait ...

20. Ethan

Yes because it broke down and bad just reopened. Previously it was on 70 when all the other rides were 50 or less